Ctr Cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brc80

I may be getting some ctr cams soon, at a really good deal. What kind of power gains can I expect from them? My mods are in my sig. Or would you guys advise me to just save for some skunks?

Thanks for the help.

iv heard some people have had problems with the skunk2cams , your safe going with the ctr but i dont know power gains - but i would look into the skunk2's

skunks are fine.. they had problems waaayyy back when.. they're perfectly fine now... and they are a lot nicer than CTR cams.. just look at the pinned cam guide.

yeah skunk had a bad batch like 2-3 years ago, the problem was solved since.

CTR cams are very nice, great oem piece and your larger gains are going to be in the midrange and upper rpms past 8k

lol bro! I just got my Skunk2 stage 2's today along with valve srings and retainers. I will let you know after I install them and get tuned!

Originally posted by brc80@Nov 19 2003, 05:49 PM
I may be getting some ctr cams soon, at a really good deal.

I also got mine at a good deal I think... $355 brand new, intake and exhaust.

What type of chip should I use with the CTR cams? :huh:
Hondata, Mugen, Skunk, XS, etc...

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Nov 22 2003, 10:41 AM

i prefer hondata myself, i am very familiar with the software now and have tuned several cars with it

Here in Hawaii there's no dealers that deals with Hondata. It would be difficult for me to have my car tune.

Or is there still a way I can tune my car?

I have CTR cams in my LS/VTEC...11.2:1, eagle rods, SRP pistons, Hondata s200, I/H/E...they've been good in the low and mid range and pull damn hard above 7k

Originally posted by Si950@Nov 23 2003, 10:35 PM
I have CTR cams in my LS/VTEC...11.2:1, eagle rods, SRP pistons, Hondata s200, I/H/E...they've been good in the low and mid range and pull damn hard above 7k

Cool...

With the Hondata s200 is it possible to tune my car without their program?
BTW what's "I/H/E"?

Back