CTR flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
yea i was wondering what the difference would be between a CTR flywheel and a B16a flywheel.. is there a noticable diff.... what is the difference??

is it worth it to buy one...i found one for cheap so...thats why i was wondering

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
about 8-10 lbs
so i was wondering if it would be a decent upgrade??? will it improve acceleration because its lighter..or willl it rev faster???

yes...if the price si right, i would recomend a CTR flywheel over an aftermarket aluminum for dail driven street cars, if it is full race...buy an aftermarket

yes it will rev faster and give you quicker throttle response

I'd just get an aftermarket one if they were around the same price. I loved my 8lb'er. It was simple to drive. I stalled once.

well i found one for about 40 bucks...and my car is a daily driver...dont race too much...just the occasional empty street race

I hated my 8 pounder(Aasco) was too light and when coming to a hard stop, my idle would drop and almost stall the car out. If it truley is a CTR fly for $40...jump on it, if not give me the info and I'll buy it!

how much should a CTR flywheel weigh??

and in the pics he...showed me the CTR fly vs. a B16A and it looks alot thinner so .....it looks lighter

does this look about right?? the package said it weighed 17 lbs...
Picture014.jpg

that sounds about right... I bought a ITR flywheel for $80 shipped. The package said it weighed like 17.2 lbs... I got it resurfaced and with a brand new exedy clutch, I haven't had a problem to date. i've put about 30k miles on it and the whole set up is still going strong.

Quoted post[/post]]
that sounds about right... I bought a ITR flywheel for $80 shipped. The package said it weighed like 17.2 lbs... I got it resurfaced and with a brand new exedy clutch, I haven't had a problem to date. i've put about 30k miles on it and the whole set up is still going strong.
did you notice a diff. between the stock b16 flywheel and the ITR flywheel...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
did you notice a diff. between the stock b16 flywheel and the ITR flywheel...
I never had the stock B16 flywheel on my car, I just went straight with the ITR one. but i've noticed that i do have slightly quicker revs and throttle response than some of my friends who are on their stock b16 flywheels.

Back