CTR guage cluster conversion?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98b16a2

I recently received a civic type-r guage cluster for my 98 ex. I have seen many people purchasing and placing this same one into their car (96-00 civics), however, I never ran into anything saying that it wasn't a direct drop in. Now more to the point, there is one plug that won't fit into one of the ports, and there is still one plug on the wiring harness that is still left over....

Coudln't find anything through any google searches, anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

actually, it is an auto....being converted to a manual as well as having a b16 swapped in. That would answer the extra plug part, now I just have to take a second look at that one that is close to fitting.

yea.. the extra plug is for the gear indicator on your cluster

dont see why it wouldnt fit.. you dont have the plugs mixed up do you

ah...I see what happend. The guy sent me the guage cluster with out the illumination attachment, I had to pull it off my stock one and toss it onto the ctr one. Now that extra one plugs right in, and the one I thought didn't fit right is indeed the indicator one you were speaking of. Thank you very much ;) Would have been nice if I knew the guy sent it without that part lol.

Back