CTR Intake CAMSHAFTS WHY?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

I went to get dynoed and install a cam before i get it dynoed and they said to get a CTR intake camshaft only and i do not need the exhaust camshafts? Why do i only need the intake cam and will there be any drawbacks or problems for having two different camshaft?

Thanks
KHai

the CTR has a more agressive intake cam than the ITR (pre 00)
the CTR exhaust cam is the same as profile as the ITR exhaust cam

if you are running an ITR head (pre 00) then you only need the CTR intake cam

The CTR intake camshaft has a different profile than the exhaust Cam shaft you are presently using. Most likely the Lift is greater and the Duration could be differnt as well.

as far as problems I don't see why there would be any.

whats in there now???

I have all b16 head internals. I don't want to do any head work and my block is 12:1 compression. Without doing any head work what is the best camshaft to use? They said CTR or 01 ITR. Also my camshafts are b16s, so could i still get just the intake camshaft?

Thanks
KHai

you will see better results from replacing both the intake and exhaust cams

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 12 2004, 08:54 PM
you will see better results from replacing both the intake and exhaust cams

. :werd: :withstupid: Definitely, especially running a 12.1:1 compression. You'd also highly benefit from an ITR IM, as long as you have a header/exhaust to help move the spent gas.

I am not going past 8k. I have header, intake and exhaust. I want good low- mid power not really planning on top speed just acceleration.

Thanks
Khai

Back