Ctr n1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
im looking into getting a ctr n1 crank pulley for the ls..because i broke a little off the end,but ive heard from some that theyre balanced,and some that they arent...
anyone have any info??
ive researched,,and i think B posted that they arent balanced

i asked about this a while back.. i chose not to go with one because of the damage they do... they're meant for race cars who's motors get rebuilt before every race

They're balanced, but they're not dampened. Huge difference, and I'm honestly surprised people(not directed at you) still don't know the difference or get those two confused.

Balanced is self explanitory. Dampened, IIRC, has to do with obsorbing vibration that can cause parts to stretch, weaken, crack, and eventually explode. Most commonly are the oil pump failures.

I'm sure someone can eleborate a little more...

hmm so what would be the best bet to do??
i def. wanna get rid of my crankpulley ..or should i just have the extra ribs shaved off then balanced?

I run the CTR pulley on my setup with no problems, it shaves a considerable amount of weight of the crank. Honestly the best way to go is The Old One - Energy Dynamics This will emliminate harmonics that are bad and eliminate the unecessary belts that you dont want. If not go with the CTR pulley.

im looking into getting a ctr n1 crank pulley for the ls..because i broke a little off the end,but ive heard from some that theyre balanced,and some that they arent...
anyone have any info??
ive researched,,and i think B posted that they arent balanced

Honda installs them on the B16b's striaght from the factory, I wouldnt think they would do that if it was gonna throw the crankshaft outta whack. Either way its a Honda manufactured OEM part..

Honda installs them on the B16b's striaght from the factory, I wouldnt think they would do that if it was gonna throw the crankshaft outta whack. Either way its a Honda manufactured OEM part..

wrong.. Honda made it for the N1 race cars.. hence the name CTR N1 crank pulley .. the pulley on a factory CTR is the same a b16a

lol, EG6 did answer the question i was just gonna ask, if the b16b could have it then why not anyother, but ya thanks for the clarity.

Seems to be your best bet, but is it really necessary to take weight off your crank mass, worth the effort?

ok i asked this same thing bout what pulley to use for my b16 swap...i first bought an obx pulley but didnt use it once i realized there were no timing marks. have since purchased the n1 pulley and now i run into this "itll blow your motor" malarky..and yes i said malarky lol ahhhhhhh has anyone has a bottom end get toasted simplu from using this pulley?

As long as you're not making much power or doggin it all the time, and possibly change the oil pump, should be fine. You can try to bolt up a damper to it though :)

Also, I should add that the smaller the stroke, the less torsional vibration there is.

As far as people blowing their motors; there was about 4 I believe on H-T when I last checked(this was like 2-3 years ago). Plenty of other people with blown motors with aftermarket ones.

Back