1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ctr Piston Comp Ratio In B16

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by heterosapian, Feb 21, 2003.

1. heterosapian

heterosapian Senior Member

I had seen a tech article on this and other piston swaps somewhere online before but I've been looking all morning and I cant find the shit. If you guys know what site i'm talking about then please, hand me the link, if not but you know what the compression would be like, lemme know. I'd think the ratio would be the same +/- .1 but I recall seeing otherwise. Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.
    peace

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

3. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

i think that compression ratio calculator is wrong, when you put the b16b pistons in a b16a block, it says your CR is 10.8:1, which is the CR of the B16B block with b16b pistons... the b16b block is like the b18c5 block, not the b16a block... i've heard that your CR will be around 11.6:1

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

The block castings are the same between the B18C and the B16B, but the crank and rods are still different- so the pistons don't mount up quite the same, and they don't rise up to the same level in the block as the pistons do on B18 rods/crank.

5. b16a91crxsi

b16a91crxsi Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted