ctr pistons or forged pistons for all motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

david_jones001

im building another ls vtec, as a backup, cuase i beat the shit out of this one, should i go for ctr pistons or am i gonna need forged pistons, do u really need forged pistons for a all motor, ,

You don't need forged pistons for all motor- but they do last longer and give you a bit more insurance under high stress. Cast pistons tend to be quieter though, and you can run smaller piston to wall clearances because they don't expand as much as forged aluminum pistons. If the compression ratio for the CTR pistons is good enough for you, just coat the tops with heat barrier ceramic coatings and you'll be pretty well off.

ok, with ctr pistons, i should be having somehwere around a 12:4 compression according to pissedofdelsol 's write up, right?, and what aftermarket rods will fit a ls bottom, and a ctr piston?

Pretty much any aftermarket rod for the B18A/B will work.

Originally posted by david_jones001@Feb 23 2005, 04:13 AM
cool, i thank u for ur time, is there any aftermarket rod that i wont have to notch the block for?
[post=464929]Quoted post[/post]​

you shouldnt have to notch the block for most common aftermarket off the shelf rod.

Back