CTR pistons streetable in LS?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
Are CTR pistons streetable in a basically stock LS? just wondering cause those are cheaper than new stock pistons and they are cheaper than US or JDM b16a pistons.

yes, you can be streetable, don't know about smog laws where you are from though, but you will be running around 12:1 CR

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 2 2003, 02:28 PM
yes u can use them, but u should use b16 rods to.

Why would you want to do that? You would lose more than 200cc of displacement...

Originally posted by B16+Oct 2 2003, 06:36 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 2 2003, 12:27 PM
SleEPeR_CRX
@Oct 2 2003, 02:28 PM
yes u can use them, but u should use b16 rods to.

Why would you want to do that? You would lose more than 200cc of displacement...

you wouldn't loose displacement, since the crank doesn't change size, but your compression ratio would drop a whole lot

:bash:

Me = idiot, read wrong. That would be a HUGE compression drop though- totally defeating the purpose of using the CTR pistons.

i live in wyojming so basically no smog laws. but the best i can get here is 91 octane.

i'm trying to decide which would be better, jdm p30 pistons or CTR's.

Well, it looks like JDM P30 pistons will give you 11.3:1 compression, while the CTR pistons will run you up to 11.7:1. Both are streetable on 91 octane if you tune the engine well. Consider that Honda ships the S2000 with 11.0:1 compression and Toyota ships the Celica GT-S with 11.5:1 compression, and both have to run on 91 octane with a conservative tune.

what kind of tuning stuff should i look into? would an SAFC be overkill?

Back