CT's new Cell phone Law....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
http://www.ct.gov/dmv/lib/dmv/20/29/cellphon.pdf

:cry:

And they also state that drinking anything while driving is a $150 ticket :blink: ( a rumor for now)

so...literally...no more radio's....walky-talkies...I-pods,....and you can't even take a picture from your car..... :ph34r:

I wonder how long this law will last :dry:

This is a conspiracy.....its just a way for the cell phone companies to make more money....and then donate to the government....

i mean...i just looked up a Car Hands free kit for my treo 600 on the palm site.....$199.00..........i paid $210 for the phone........enough said.....they can go fuck the living shit out of themsevles with a ballpeen hammer

its because a bunch of non-driving asshats who shouldn't have got their license in the first place ruin it for everyone else.

i could out drive 95% of the population with 5 beers in me while on the phone.... because i pay attention.

Quoted post[/post]]
its because a bunch of non-driving asshats who shouldn't have got their license in the first place ruin it for everyone else.

i could out drive 95% of the population with 5 beers in me while on the phone.... because i pay attention.
Me too^
I don't drive when i've had something to drink, but im one of those drivers who sees everything in front of and behind me all the time.
I saved myself two times from red light runners, and two times from drunk mexicans chasing me.
I think the accident i Do get into, will be someone else's fault and probably kill me.
You don't like the laws there, move to Phoenix, we don't even have laws here.
You can drive with mexico license plates, at 90mph, swerving in the turn lane, wearing a sombrero, having two amigos install a spoiler on your cheby truck while you're driving, while listening to La Campensina, dumping black smoke from all 8 exhaust tips, and then give dirty looks/shoot at people.
No worries, you'll get away with everything.

Quoted post[/post]]
http://www.ct.gov/dmv/lib/dmv/20/29/cellphon.pdf

:cry:

And they also state that drinking anything while driving is a $150 ticket :blink: ( a rumor for now)

so...literally...no more radio's....walky-talkies...I-pods,....and you can't even take a picture from your car..... :ph34r:

I wonder how long this law will last :dry:

I guess you interpretted this different then myself

"The act defines a 'mobile electronic device' as any hand-held or other portable electronic equipment capable of providing data communication between two or more people. Included are devices for test messaging or paging, PDA's, laptop computers, equipment capable of playing video games or dvd's, or equipment on which digital photographs are taken or transmitted. A mobile Electronic devices does not include audio equipment or any equipment installed in the vehicle to provide navigation, emergency, or other assistance to the driver or video entertainment to the passengers in the vehicle's rear seats."

As an ipod and other ipod type products are classified as audio equipment and does not transmit data between people, I'd say your safe to use them. as far as radios it is installed audio equipment again safe to use. It does seem to read that a person in the front seat even tho they are a passenger would not be able to use a digital camera or camcorder while your driving.

I'd like to see the recourse from the truck drivers who use CB radios , as they seem to fall into the category of providing data communications between two or more people and it's not audio equipment.

It's 1984 all over again (The year, not the book). In 1984 there was this push to put "Today's more complex and complicated car stereos at least (x) amount of inches from the windshield" to clear up people looking at screens while driving. Then it was CBs were included, where the CB couldn't be mounted on the roof. Panasonic was selling roof-mounted radios to combat the "If your radio is located low, you'll need to remove it and install a blank panel or pocket".

This happened before, it will happen again.

As far as people with cell phones - Cell phones or not, 90% of the people behind a wheel today have no goddam business being there. With kids in the back, food being passed around, figuring out how to block Howard Stern from your Sirius box, and playing with the now completely fucking common satellite navigation / radio / logicon displays the Cell phone is a small part in the equation.

It used to be a bigger part of the equation, back when they first started this legislation - But now it's been done for so long, that the effect on people is minimal.

As usual, lawmakers want to correct situations by banning items, instead of banning the actual criminals. "It's not my fault! It's the Cell Phone's fault!"

Fuck them. And fuck the 9th circuit.

i think im going to carry my camera with me, and start snapping pics of cops on cell phones driving.

Hah, then they would get you for that.

Reading the PDF, yeah - digital cameras are illegal. So you gotta take a disposable film-based camera :)

-> Steve

As a gun nut, I can find all sorts of loopholes in stupid laws.

For instance, my ignoramus asshole step sister CAN talk on a phone, because she's a volunteer firefighter. My dad can too - Although he's not to be classed with that two-bit whore. My dad is a paid firefighter.

This law will go ignored.

just have to have a passenger with me.. and let him opperate the cam :p

Did the PDF say or not say that Public service, Firefighters and Ambulance personnel (OR something similar) were exempt ?

If you're a firefighter, paid, then you can NOT be in your car and on duty at the same time. If you drive the apparatus, then you can't talk on the phone simultaneously anyway, and a Firefighter and Cop is a Fighter or Cop 24 hours a day.

So by that, I do believe it meant they are exempt.

Quoted post[/post]]
just have to have a passenger with me.. and let him opperate the cam :p

the law could be read and interpretted in such a way that a passenger in the front seat with any type of camera would be illegal.

and authority figures are exempt.

there was a guy on the radio this morning...he got pulled over sat or sunday...

he was on the cell phone, and had a coke in the cup holder...

$100 ticket for the cell phone while operating the vehical....

$150 ticket for useing another distracting object (drinking a coke) while operating a vehichal.

There seems to be a revision b, c, and d.....cells phones is the revision A...

although I can't find anything to back this up...but That Bloomingthal state attonory was a guest...and when that comment was made...it didn't phase him...and he seemed to have also known about those revisions.

While all you have to do...if you get a ticket, is to take a proof of perchase of a hands free device to the courts, and that ticket will be dropped...but your screwed for even eating in your car.

And B...I was like that with driving while a few beers in your system....I did it for many years...

And look what happened to me when I got my DUI.... :dry:

Keene New Hampshire had this law - about drinking (Anything) behind the wheel. And sure, people got pulled over for it, but it went away.

I haven't heard anything about that law and I couldn't see it being passed in this primarily democratic state.

dont take that the wrong way... i hardly even drink.. you know me. i'm lucky to have 2 beers when im at your house.

but regardless, with 5 beers in my, the odds of me racking a car are less than probably 80% of female drivers in mini vans or suv's lol

so, now you can't eat in your car either? lol are drive throughs going to become against the law soon too?

theres like 231254534234234334121234122323423 other issues more important than stupid fucking bullshit like this... like world peace, iraq, katrina's shit... whatever... and now, its illegal to eat a hamburger.

i guess some people can't walk and chew gum at the same time....
so herm, is chewing gum illegal too?

what about a cough drop?

what if i'm asmataic, and i take a puff of my inhaler-- am i braking the law too?

politics fucking suck because stupid americans keep voting for fucking hippies

/rant

you shouldnt be holding a burger and driving at the same time anyways.

My conclusion is that ALL politicians are hippies. Things are getting so out of control now a days. If they think that mobile devices are such a big problem while driving, why not just stop manufacturing them? If it's becoming such a problem, why do they put all this shit in new cars straight from the factory? I can't believe that the guy got a ticket for just having a Coke in his cup holder. Fuck this, I think they'll have so many lawsuits before long, that they'll have to change it or something.
America sucks. And at the rate things are going, I've got half the mind to leave.

Back