CU student complain about Atheletes being pampered

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

God, that's some news!! Colorado must be the first school ev4r to treat their athletes well!! You would think that sports brought in a huge amount of ca$h to universities or something....

:sleep: Tell me something that everyone that attended college doesnt already know. I had a class with our star running back and the dude...didnt do shit but passed. So what? If thats what they are good at then I dont care. It doesnt hurt me any. Here at CU the atmosphere is the same as ever...No biggy. But maybe if I play my cards right I can get on TV :lol:

fuck em', big deal. The whole point in going to college is to actually learn something and develop a better thought process. If this kid isn't actually going to learn ANYTHING, then the diploma is literally useless to him, he will be transparent in the workforce.

i feel athletes should not be treated differently. they should hold a better academic standard than atleast the average of the student body. im not a baller and shit, why do i have to do work they dont? :moon: :fuckyou3: :kick: :thumbsdown:

I understand the point of recruiting good athletes, and treating them well to keep them. As has been mentioned it brings notoriety and funds to colleges, which is a good thing. I don't imagine this will change anytime soon. However, I still disagree with the practice. The point of College is to promote higher education. It's supposed to provide people who want to learn new things, and exchange knowledge a place to do so. These college athletes have no interest in that, they're just there as a springboard to get to the pros. I have to disagree with JDMilan though. To most companies a degree is a degree. They don't much care how well you did, or even what you majored in. Unless of course you were at the very top of your class. These college athletes diminish the value of a college education. They simply reinforce the fact that most college degrees today are meaningless. Which is kind of frustrating to those of us who aren't athletes, and had to work to get a degree.

-Steve

who gives a shit. 1 maybe 2 people from any given sports program at any given school on any given year will make it into the pro leagues.

after that, they sling burgers for the rest of their lives, cuz even with a degree, they can't fucking read.

Back