1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuba

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by D16Civic, Mar 4, 2019.

1. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

I don't use it often, but you couldn't book hotels online when I went, and I couldn't use a credit card at a hotel once I got there. I wanted to make sure I had a place reserved and ready to go when I got there. The renter also booked a car for me. So when we got to the airport, a taxi was waiting for us and know exactly where to take us. We had everything booked before we even got on the island. So all we needed was Cuban dollars and we were set. None of that matters now because you can book hotels on Expedia. lol

2. Fediom

Fediom New Member

What do you want from you vacation in Cuba? Just resort style of holidays or more active with excursions and snorkeling maybe? Varadero is the most popular beach resort area but I would advise to stay at least 2-3 days in Havana and than go for 10 days to Varadero or islands. For more authentic experience you can even rent property in Cuba https://tranio.com/rent/cuba/. Must to see and do:
    - smoke Cuban sigar / drink mojito
    - ride classic car (there are plenty of them)
    - visit Morro castle
    - local city tours
    - diving.

get_nick and reckedracing like this.
  3. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

So either the best first/spam post in history, or you just joined to provide some useful advice.
    Good stuff.

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

are bots finally working? it's only been 20 years of unrelated spam. lol

reckedracing likes this.
  5. D16Civic

D16Civic Matt VIP

Definitely more of the excursions and local culture type of thing. That was the thing about cruising in Alaska we didn't like as we were on the schedule of the boat.

Havana looks pretty amazing and we are both into new experiences and local cuisine etc.

Trying to make this a surprise for the wife but I'm gonna need her to get the time off work. I'll hold off as long as possible I guess.

Thanks again to everyone for the input.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted