1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuppacino Machines

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Judo_boy_48, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Judo_boy_48

Judo_boy_48 Senior Member

Anyone know of any good cuppacino machines? I want one that makes a little but more then a cup full but I dont want a whole damn coffee pot sized one. Just wondering if anyone here had any experiences with any.

2. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

lmao, cuppacino?

sorry homie, but i hope you weren't searching on google for it spelled like that

3. Judo_boy_48

Judo_boy_48 Senior Member

I have no damn idea how to spell it. I am going to go look in the store and stuff but I just wanted to know if anyone had any good or bad experiences with certian brands.

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

I have no personal experience, but I do think they're a total waste of time.

5. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

well this is how i see it- I've only had experience with the super expensive ones though- but in general, the less on the machine that's automatic the better

i'd rather open a valve and steam my own milk and i'd rather load and unload my own grinds

try to find a machine with the most metal in it, and the most manual features IMO

6. tab

tab Super Moderator

search ebay for a GAGGIA CLASSIC.

I own a GAGGIA BABY.

They run anywhere between 200 and 400 bucks. They make a high quality, Espresso stand-like quality, but at home. The internals are a thick aluminum boiler, solenoids, valves, and a 17 bar pump.

The wand shoots out either steam or hot water, and the shots are awesome!!! It is a great home machine. The difference between this machine and a commercial machine is simple. You cannot brew shots and steam milk at the same time, since it is a single head, single boiler system. This adds a couple of minutes to the process, but does not hold up the home production line much.

Enjoy.

BTW, there is one small Gaggia machine that looks to be a pile. You will often see this machine go for less than $120. You are taking your chances on that one.

You might also check out the Starbucks Barista, and the ROCKY grinder.

7. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

We've owned a couple Barista's by starbucks, and like them a lot.

We also have one of their regular coffee machines... Makes a killer cup if you ask me, and I hate coffee.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted