Currealerity

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Today I had my orientation at Yale, and I got to meet up with, be teamed up with, and ultimately dine in a fine establishment with some returning post-doctoral and Fellowship types. All of us were the same age, which makes me sad. I thought I would be a Physicist by now, or at least a Mechanical Engineer.

But there I was, "Information Technologies" sitting around a table and chatting with 5 of the future genius of the world. This one cat was a Nuclear biophysicist and evolutionist, another "Physicist", two Molecular Genesis Doctors, And a visiting fellow from Calcutta who had performed ground-breaking research analysis of antidepressants and cellular affects.

What a dream come true ! Now I can follow along with this stuff, but I have no research grants, no books (published fully and peer evaluated, primarily because "peers" in my case are usually guys that work on roofing and framing, or because "review" would poke my shit so full of holes I wouldn't be allowed to own a computer) but there I was, sitting around bullshitting with these top scholars.

What did we talk about ?

Music.

I feel that I completely wasted an afternoon.

-> Steve

Also, I parked my Pathfinder in a garage a bit far from the meeting place, primarily because it was free, secondarily because that hulking rust bucket is such a beefcake it can't fit through the egress of the other garages. And we got on a tour bus to take a tour of the campus.

Well, all this time I never realised that I was parking on top of a nuclear super collider. Yes, We have a Super collider. My only hope is that one day my Pathfinder and the dean's Ferrari will mash together and form at least a Cayenne that I can borrow on the weekends.

lemme guess...those genius doods you had lunch with that are your age, all like techno music? i got nothing against it but thats what im betting. but yeah, sounds like it was a waste of time.

and holy shit!! a nuclear super collider?? dayum!

No, they are into pop. Go figure. Panic, Timberlake, that spooky chick with the ass fat on her face, Oh yeah Fergie.

We had a good time. We talked about cars too. Basically their casual conversation I could totally own. That's why I was waiting for someone to break into a 30 minute diatribe about the affect on clinical results with half-life materials to break down Mitochondria in cancer cells or something.

I mean damn.

Geek: A quasi nerd that specializes in computers. Moreso, personal computers. And not development, but just their use. Average IQ = 140 to 160

Nerd: A Genius level (IQ 160+) person that applies intelligence and process to just about anything. A Geek knows that Jolt cola contains lots of caffeine, a Nerd knows the molecular notation of that Caffeine, how it bonds with the rest of the product, and probably who it's inventor is. If they don't, they will do whatever is necessary to learn all of this and report it to the inquisitor even years down the road when their paths cross.

Nerd > Geek

Geeks, also, literally are the titles of those people at the circus that bite the heads of off live chickens.

Back