Current Economic Issue?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

401k (IRA) is basically an agreement between the company and the employee that the employee will pay in and then the company will usually match a percent of the employee's contribution.

Quoted post[/post]]
the company will usually match a percent of the employee's contribution.

Oh boy...we sure got a lot to look forward to. :blink: After the Baby Boomers, there will be no such thing as Social Security, no pensions, and if they continue at this rate, no 401k's either. So the only answer for us is to work till we croak, just to keep a roof over our heads. Meanwhile our wonderful "big government" charges us more and more taxes for stupid shit, so we in turn see less and less of what we work for. Just fucking great.

Oh boy...we sure got a lot to look forward to. After the Baby Boomers, there will be no such thing as Social Security, no pensions, and if they continue at this rate, no 401k's either. So the only answer for us is to work till we croak, just to keep a roof over our heads. Meanwhile our wonderful "big government" charges us more and more taxes for stupid shit, so we in turn see less and less of what we work for. Just fucking great.

lmao, where have you been???
this is news to you?
lol

now corps are using pensions as a way out, they tell the gov't either you bail us out, or we go bankrupt.... or we could just get rid of our pension liabilities and everyone wins... except those that are counting on it...

lik
e mine. i call it the 401kkk plan. lol
lol
pension and 401's are a thing of the past, basically extinct...
and even if you have one whats to say the company will be good for it in 30 years...?
fuck it, its everyone for themselves now...
i just wish they would stop beating the dead horse and let us keep our SS money that gets taken but we'll never see

No it's not news to me. I know that pensions, SS and 401k's are a thing of the past. I'm more appalled that companies can legally report false pension numbers to show higher profits and that public employers don't have to report any pension liabilities. ** Well, as of 2006 they do. **

The "so called" trust fund set aside for Social Security is also a thing of the past. The government said that they'll put this money aside for retirees. But we all know that when there's money aside, the gov't doesn't know how to keep its hands off and just let it be. So they spend it all, and put an IOU in there instead. Now what about the people who are starting to retire and need that money??

And when the companies threaten to go bankrupt, the gov't bails them out. So now not only are we paying for our own retirement, but also that of the people who were promised retirement plans (and are now demanding it).

Back