Currently Active Users: 391 (22 members and 369 guests)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dont allow guests to see anything...then they must register to see it...it will increase the number of members...but there will be a lot lurkers prollie...

i would say let them have like very limited access to the site and then tell them to register to use all the forms

I'm not shutting out any of our content.

I did it once, and all it did was rack up 20,000 members with 0 posts.

If they want to post, they will register.

plus, google isn't a member, and i want him to see everything :)

pissedoffsol said:
I'm not shutting out any of our content.

I did it once, and all it did was rack up 20,000 members with 0 posts.

If they want to post, they will register.

plus, google isn't a member, and i want him to see everything :)

exactly...it will be a lot of lurkers...quality over quantity in members anyways...;)

it is. members don't see any popups. non members get 1 per 48 hours

you know...i just noticed that...i cleared my internet files so that i had to log back in...all this time i have stayed logged in and not seen any pop ups...but when i came to the page not logged in...i got a pop up...i was like...wow...thats weird...haha...but that explains it now...

I dunno man.. maybe we should have a newbie welcome forum.

Well something should be done to keep the "I'm new" posts down. Not that I have a problem with new people to the forum, but it can reach a 50% saturation point pretty quickly.

Yeah, then we can get into one of those "must make 2 posts before you can start a thread" things. Making that the primary thread, then another thread for comment, then first-time posting.

I hate those "post first, thread later" rules, but 2 isn't a bad number (What's NASIOC at now.. 10?)

lol, i had that happen on a mustang forum
minimum post count of 10 to create a classified thread

so i blew out 10 posts, made the classified, and then it got locked because my 10 posts were in 10 minutes

fucking nazis

Back