custom built turbo manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i want to custom build a turbo manifold so i can put the turbo were my headlight is can i build one my dad has a pipe bender and mig welder and all that can it be done

well what i mean is instead of havin all that intake pipe runin around i jsut want to hook the filter right to the turbo and if i put the filter in teh highbeam part of my head light itll give it more force and up the psi

up the PSI? oh goodness- sure put it there, but it's kinda silly- that's A LOT of extra bending and welding for nothing, when you just have the turbo where an off the shelf manifold will put it- and btw the "ram air" that is being forced into the headlight opening is not going to substantially increase the pressure of the boost being made- The air might be a bit cooler, and your air filter will get dirty A LOT faster, but that's about it

Originally posted by iluvepills1985@Dec 1 2003, 04:38 PM
well what i mean is instead of havin all that intake pipe runin around i jsut want to hook the filter right to the turbo and if i put the filter in teh highbeam part of my head light itll give it more force and up the psi

You're saying you want to build a manifold that will go all the way to behind your headlight where the turbo will bolt onto and you can just put a filter on the turbo?

If this is your question I just have one thing to say to you... :ufucktard:

Just do it like everyone else does why complicate things? Besides I doubt if the piping (bends/welds) were that long it would be able to support your turbo (depending on what size) for very long without doing something to the piping. If you're going to build your own manifold like an equal length turbo manifold heres what you'll need: A B series exhaust flange (or D series whatever motor you have), a flange for your turbo and a wastegate flange unless your running an internal wastegate. Be sure that when you weld it mount it on the head of your motor so that it doesn't warp.

THE TURBO PRODUCES BOOST all on its OWN. why would you even have that idea in your head? Its pointless and will accomplish nothing.

that is all....

for a sohc zc what series manifold will i need to turbo b???? or what cuz i think that the some one said it was liek a d something or other so would i just get a turbo manifold for a non zc

Back