1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Cold Air Intake

Discussion in 'Accord' started by yfz450, Oct 7, 2007.

1. yfz450

yfz450 Steve

I have a h22a in a 91 accord, i want to build a cold air intake for it, i want to have a pipe on each side of the car underneath the front bumper, does it matter if one pipe would be longer than the other, i would appreciate any help

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

no, it won't really matter. Except that having 2 pipes will have absolutely so functional advantage over a single pipe.

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

i'm guessing he wants it to look like intercooler piping or something.. hhahah

4. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

BAM! rice.

why would you want the CIA to be that long. it would help you none whatsoever.

just get an ebay short ram. you wont get made fun of.

5. 93AccordEX

93AccordEX New Member

BAM! rice. is right hahaha

stuff like that is exactly why they look at us import guys like retards

6. yfz450

yfz450 Steve

I do have a short ram, but the piping is always warm from the header so i thought if it was longer and underneath it would get colder air and help the power , and i am kinda new to the import world but the look on people faces when i blow past them make them look like retards

7. 99sidude

Ok well a CAI will net you like 1 more hp than a short ram. Plus, nothing will scream "I'm a ricer douche bag" more than a twin intake

8. yfz450

yfz450 Steve

yeah but some people appreciate the time and customizing it it takes to make a custom intake instead of buying one, and people that think im a ricer douche bag can go to hell ill just wax them with my camaro

9. 99sidude

To each his own

10. invisibledemon

spoken..... like a true ricer.

11. 91_civic_si

91_civic_si New Member

you might as well get matching dual exhaust on that 4 banger. If you are going to go rice go rice all the way.

12. invisibledemon

OHHHHH! holy shit, dont forget the fuckin' spoiler, those things are badass.

but on a serious note, the intake your wanting to build will provide 0 advantage, any power that could be gained from sucking in cooler air will be lost bc of the extra curves in the piping causing a kind of drag on the vacuum effect. plus, the pipe near the manifold is going to be hot regardless of how long your pipe is. if you do choose to make this, make sure its with aluminum, bc regular metal pipe (like 3+inch exhaust pipe) will defeat the whole purpose bc it absorbs more heat than aluminum thus making your intake air even hotter.

IMO short ram is better. it does suck in the air from the hot engine bay but it wont suck in water when it rains, unless you hit one hell of a puddle.

but its your car and your gonna do what you wish. regardless of what we say, but i highly recommend that you dont. for the sake of true tuners and honda lovers in this world, dont add to the rice. we try to weed them out and convince them to buy a dsm.

13. 93AccordEX

93AccordEX New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted