Custom Crank Pulley

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klyph

Dismember
VIP
I need to know a way of eliminating the outer 2 grooves on my crank pulley. One is for P/S which I'm not using, The other is for A/C (also not using). I only need the groove for the alternator belt (which is the one closest to the crank). If anyone knows where I can buy a pulley like this, I'd appreciate it, cuz the guy at the machine shop said he can't cut the pulley down. It's for the 89 Acura D16A1. I need that extra couple inches for clearance when i swap it into the civic. Thanks for any help.

I would think that the pulley would be the same as any other D-series...look on Ebay, they have 'unorthodox' pulleys on there all the time...

Thanks, but all the unorthodox pulleys I have found are set up just like stock, for 3 belts. I need to find a pulley with just 1. Anyone know how i can do this?

i can make you a stock one and ship it out to you if you dont want a underdrive pully i have a lathe and have turned down many of these for people.

i actually bought a JDM factory honda part that illiminates those belts from a guy on ebay, came with the factory part # and everything, pretty sweet piece to say the least, that is also for a b16, but i would check ebay for sure

i can make you a stock one and ship it out to you if you dont want a underdrive pully i have a lathe and have turned down many of these for people.

There was a guy on the m24x forums that did this service as well, ths 'soyboy' or something like that. It retains the stock damping material, so I'd recommend do ing this over aftermarket. Just make sure and get it balanced.

Yeah, i got the unorthodox pulley. Mmmm shiny. Anyways since I now gotta spin balance the engine I'm puttin a lighter flywheel on. I was gonna go with a Fidanza Aluminum 7 lb. Anyone have any thoughts on these flywheels or recommendations as to what flywheel i should get.

Back