1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Exhaust?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stud4u2c17, Mar 15, 2003.

1. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

Im building a custom exhaust for my 89 CRX HF, and i am going with the 2 1/4" pipe ... well should I make it come out the left side like stock with a muffler going parallel with the back bumper , or have it come straight out the right side (less bends)with no aftermarker rice muffler.... or should i put the muffler on... all opinions appriciated.. thanks
    TJ

2. enemycivic

enemycivic Member

For a all motor setup I went with 2" piping all the way with a es oval and no cat. Sounds great! not to quiet and not to loud. Kept everything in the stock postions. I think though if your going turbo you would want a bigger pipe? Like 4" or somthing? I could be wrong. just giving you ideas.

3. shuturmowth

shuturmowth Senior Member

4" is way too big, 3" is good for turbo, anyways i like the strait back to the right idea, but get a nice muffler, not ricy (get greddy) just my 2 cents

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted