Custom Indash Vafc Install...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colorpros

s3e83bb3ee9d24.jpg

I relocated my climate control to the glovebox.i dont really use it that much.What you guys think?

I need to patch things up in the glovebox alittle better before I go showing it.Looks real ghetto fab right now.But as soon as work it out i will post pics.I promise

The "carbon fiber" ;) trim is a little, um, bad, but the install is clean. I'd go nuts if I could adjust my climate controls. I change them every 5 minutes since the weather in MT changes that often. :(

Originally posted by Prowler@Mar 27 2003, 10:23 PM
The "carbon fiber" ;) trim is a little, um, bad, but the install is clean. I'd go nuts if I could adjust my climate controls. I change them every 5 minutes since the weather in MT changes that often. :(

the carbon fiber trim was in the car when I bought it.Im not a big fan of it also >But I think the reason the guy did it is because there are alot of holes underneathit.So i decided it looked better than the holes.ya with me?

looks good...BUT here is what i woulda done:

-keep climate controls in OEM spot
-mount the VAFC where the ash tray is....maybe even possibly have it so its hidden so that when you open up the ash tray, the VAFC would slide down.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Mar 27 2003, 10:32 PM
looks good...BUT here is what i woulda done:

-keep climate controls in OEM spot
-mount the VAFC where the ash tray is....maybe even possibly have it so its hidden so that when you open up the ash tray, the VAFC would slide down.

Thats where my profec B is hidding....

I think you under estimating the sneakeiness
I am very sneaky.......

I've seen that a lot in Civics...where the hell do you put it in a sol? There is no room anywhere, except maybe where the cup holders are, I dunno.

:withstupid:
need another sneaky spot in the sols like the one that houses the head unit...nice little flip down deal...I keep tempting myself to go ahead an mount a vafc there...but what would u do for tunes? :(

that is tite. i would have made the face flush with the panel, or vice versa, but its still tite though. i happen to like the cf trim too.

that cf trim is about as fake as a three dollar bill. right now i took that part of the dash with the ash tray and coin holder out and i m planing to put my flip down 7.2 lcd screen there molded in and make it look stock when fliped up i show pics when i get it done

I think it looks clean. good job. :D

i'm gonna be getting a v-afc in about a month and i've been thinking about putting it in the ash tray so it's hidden away. anyone want to help me out and gimme some ideas.

i'm going for the "this car is completely stock, it's not worth breaking into, but don't mess with me look." so far with this look i've managed to real in one unsuspecting pray. considering that i've only had the new motor in for about a week.

Check out my kill.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Mar 28 2003, 11:55 AM
that cf trim is about as fake as a three dollar bill. right now i took that part of the dash with the ash tray and coin holder out and i m planing to put my flip down 7.2 lcd screen there molded in and make it look stock when fliped up i show pics when i get it done

We all know the cf is fake. The trim unerneath it is spent.It was on the car when I bought it.But im not a fan of it,but it will do for now or until i can get by a salvage yard and pick one up.

Back