Custom Intercooler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
So, I've been reading a lot. I know what I want in an intercooler, and especially the design. I am looking for cores like they show in the book I've been reading. I saw one intercooler on ebay that was almost exactly what I wanted, but it was a ton of money.

I know that with a tig welder, or even if I paid a shop, a good unit should not cost $850. I need new core(s) to build an intercooler from.

This is what I want, more or less. Good end cap design, and the air if properly baffled, will travel through several short lines. Better cooling and less psi drop.
dc_1_b.JPG

and this is what you usually see: Mediocre end cap design, and all of your air travels through just a few lines. Lesser cooling, and higher psi drop.
large.jpg

I've seen a good number of companies out there that sell tons of different styles of intercooler cores in just about any size you could want. Google it up.

I took today off from work, so I had plenty of time to search. I googled and then some. There are plenty of search results that will point you to someone that charges an arm and a leg. I even called a few places and asked to just order the cores. They said not unless I was a shop or a dealer. However, by accident, I think I found a low buck alternative. Search under Ford Thunderbird intercooler on Ebay and you'll see a core that is approx 6x11x3 in. Two or three of those side by side would be perfect! With the proper end caps and ducting, they are just right.

hey i just found this on ebay Link. hopefully this is what you are looking for :)

looks alot like what u want tab.... auction ends in 3 hrs might want to jump on it. Its goin quite cheap right now as well

FUCK, I won't have enough money for two weeks!!!! And it's perfect!

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Back