1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Intercooler

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by tab, Feb 15, 2005.

1. tab

tab Super Moderator

So, I've been reading a lot. I know what I want in an intercooler, and especially the design. I am looking for cores like they show in the book I've been reading. I saw one intercooler on ebay that was almost exactly what I wanted, but it was a ton of money.

I know that with a tig welder, or even if I paid a shop, a good unit should not cost $850. I need new core(s) to build an intercooler from.

This is what I want, more or less. Good end cap design, and the air if properly baffled, will travel through several short lines. Better cooling and less psi drop.
    [​IMG]

and this is what you usually see: Mediocre end cap design, and all of your air travels through just a few lines. Lesser cooling, and higher psi drop.
    [​IMG]

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I've seen a good number of companies out there that sell tons of different styles of intercooler cores in just about any size you could want. Google it up.

3. tab

tab Super Moderator

I took today off from work, so I had plenty of time to search. I googled and then some. There are plenty of search results that will point you to someone that charges an arm and a leg. I even called a few places and asked to just order the cores. They said not unless I was a shop or a dealer. However, by accident, I think I found a low buck alternative. Search under Ford Thunderbird intercooler on Ebay and you'll see a core that is approx 6x11x3 in. Two or three of those side by side would be perfect! With the proper end caps and ducting, they are just right.

4. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

hey i just found this on ebay Link. hopefully this is what you are looking for :)

5. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

looks alot like what u want tab.... auction ends in 3 hrs might want to jump on it. Its goin quite cheap right now as well

6. tab

tab Super Moderator

FUCK, I won't have enough money for two weeks!!!! And it's perfect!

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted