Custom interior painting.how did this guy do this?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ssl2k

Just a bit of background...

This is one of like...3 crx's that made me want a crx. I love the interior and especially the door panels. I've gotten pretty good with fiberglassing and understand the whole process of creating forms / molds and that type of shit. but I dont see how this guy painted the door panels/custom rear panels on this so that they aren't glossy/yet they aren't really flat black.

here are the images.

Here you can see the construction of them

433176_5_full.jpg

433176_4_full.jpg

Almost final product, this semi flat black paint is what im talking about as far as the texture/color/etc
433176_6_full.jpg

Here is a nother shot of construction in the rear section
433176_8_full.jpg

Here are more of the final product ..

433176_26_full.jpg

433176_30_full.jpg

433176_32_full.jpg

433176_33_full.jpg

Alright, you can see the black that im talking aobut. it is a awesome black, but there is no gloss/clear coat to it.

Can anyone name the paint or whatever or help me with this?

thanks
nathan

I am not sure of the color of the black but i know i am sure that i woundnt trust those harnesses attached to a strut bar. Sparco makes a semi cage used to attach the harness to to make it secure or just fab or buy a roll cage. But it doesnt look bad at all. The way he put those 6x9's is a good idea.

I'm doing 4 point harnesses just like those....

now you're mkaing me question the setup....

those are pretty secure if the strut bar doesn't break.

nathan

Its just a satin finish, Look at your drivers side door jamb, there should be a sticker with the production date,vehical weight etc. I there there will be 2 color codes (ex PJY85H) the second one will be the interior color code. Just find a car with the same color interior as you like and go to a paint supply store and have them look up the code.

well i have like

NH-526M <--exterior color(black)

Type K Off Black That is the interior color....so uhm maybe there is another color code, i'll go check

nathan

If you go to any store that sells automotive paint they will have a "chip" book with samples of both interior and exterior paint colors for just about any make and model of vehical.

that car sucks.

not only does it look hideous...

but it has no cage.

race seats + 4 point without a roll cage = your head becomes the roll cage in the event of a crash.

the seats belts arnt at question the colour of paint is! Isn't this why this section was creted for on topic discusion and to avod all the post whoring and uneccecary crap

easy captain

this section was created for on topic discussion, but since this is a forum, we are all entitled to provide our opinions whenever we deem fit-

this was one of those times

and for the record, your post is no more helpful to the topic starter than mine or B's

:)

well now that we're voice opinions on if it is ugly or not, i think jdm stock shit is ugly as fuck.

and as far as
"racing seats + 4 pt betls w/o roll cage = your head is the roll cage"

fuck that,

regular seats + 3 point belts w/o roll cage = your head is still the roll cage.

nuff siad

xyswany did not sy it was paint he answerd ther question that was asked what coulr of paint is to be used to get that finish.

that's not vinyl in the rear....that's painted and the same with the door panels...

---------

how can you tell that it is vinyl? That sure looks just like a paint job imo...

Back