Custom kit almost done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

Alright my custom kit is just awaiting the turbo manifold. I need a vacuum lines how many feet would you suggest and is there a certain size I should get ?

Only things I need lines for is the boost gauge/bov/fmu .

Thanks!

it really depends how you route it. i can't comment, cuz well, i had a shit load of vaccum items... and probably used close to 50 feet, if not more than 75...

what about the wastegate? boost controller?

Oh yea, I'm going with an internal wastegate for the time being. I'll be going with an external wastegate/boost controller when the funds allow it.

How much do the lines go for? Is there a certain size I need?

im pretty sure the internal gate still needs a vac line

yeah, its better to have more than not enough... just be sure to get the right size. i think its 3/8 for most of the stuff... but i could be wrong

Maybe It's just me, but your internal wastegate usually has a 'vaccum' line all by itself, usually it comes right off the compressor for an internal gate. So you wouldn't have to buy that one.
Saying that, all you have to do is run vaccum line to the bov from the IM, you can T into a line for the FMU. Id say that would depend ALOT where you put your BOV, I'm putting mine right after the intercooler because I don't want it to be very loud, so I would need more line.
Also, it depends where your guage is in your car and how you are going to run the line. No matter what, I'd say 50ft is alot more than enough, 50ft is a lot of hose, are you going to rework the entire system?.?...
Wouldn't it be easier to goto a local hardware shop and buy like (a foot or less) of some different tubing sizes and see whitch fits better overall of your components, there are tons of different sizes that everything in your car and on your turbo could be, and alot more that would work but that aren't exactly the right size, you know the; "I'll just clamp that one down", and the "Boy thats a tight ass fit" ones?

Thats what I do:
Buzz1167
Jon N

Back