custom manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Del Slw

i need a custom manifold made for my 14b turbo. i have a b16. anyone know any shops that do good work at reasonable prices? i'm open to all names and numbers, right now the best i've got is $300 shipped for a stainless one.

I think you should try to sell the 14b and get a t3, just because it is more versitial and stronger. Otherwise your gonna spend at least 300 for a custom one

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Oct 25 2003, 12:29 PM
check out www.thedropshop.com john does some good work.

No, do NOT check out the dropshop. Hey Sean, has Travis gotten the manifold, downpipe, and exhaust yet? You know... the one that he paid $700 for almost a year ago? Didn't think so. Has he gotten his money back? Didn't think so.

Point proved, case closed. Look elsewhere for a manifold, like LoveFab (on Honda Tech)...

And I agree, get a T3 60 trim at the very least. A 14b will be too small for the engine.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Oct 25 2003, 02:42 PM-->
Seany-izzle
@Oct 25 2003, 12:29 PM
check out www.thedropshop.com john does some good work.

No, do NOT check out the dropshop. Hey Sean, has Travis gotten the manifold, downpipe, and exhaust yet? You know... the one that he paid $700 for almost a year ago? Didn't think so. Has he gotten his money back? Didn't think so.

haha, damn i thought he got it already. didnt know about it taking a year. look likes he's fucked. nm, i retract my previous statement.

why you guys slammin my 14b? i wanted to do somethin low cost yet effective. i'm not looking to build a power house, just somethin with a lil extra boost. and a 14b gives me a lil extra boost! plus, it'll spool quickly, which i want. so, what are the other reasons to ditch it?

on another note, i planned on upgrading to the t3 next summer, and selling the 14b and manifold...

Originally posted by Del Slw@Oct 25 2003, 03:25 PM
on another note, i planned on upgrading to the t3 next summer, and selling the 14b and manifold...

if you are planning on upgrading later, then save the money, sell your current turbo and just save. dont waste money on a manifold and then sell it later for less. keep your money, be smart.

I agree woth seanzy, it's wasting money, tell us your goals and we can try to help you make a good decision. If you have a b16 with your 14b you'll probably get less than 200whp, even with little boost (6 psi) on a t3 you'll get at least 200 whp.

like everything, there is a proper size. no matter how little of a gain you want, or how quick you want something to spool, its just wicked small, and will not work as effectivly as it should on a smaller motor with less V.E.

I'm not going to tell you not to, but i also think its a waste to get all this, and then, sell out later. i did it once- lost about 2 grand on it. don't follow anything i do. trust me.

as for the drop shop- I'll let you make your own decision- but read this thread first. http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=571075

well i'm really not even sure what i want to do. i may or may not go to a bigger turbo next summer. hell, i may go to h22. who knows, i just know that i have all this shit now, and i only need a couple things to finish up before i install the turbo. so i want to go ahead and finish it up. and then next year if i want to do a good rebuild and upgrade, i will. or if i want to sell everything, and drop in an H22, i'll do that.

i thank you for all the help and input, i dont hold anything against anybody for not agreeing with what i'm doing, you all have your own opinions. i would've like to start with the t3, but i came across a good deal on everything i have so far.

14b + intercooler $100
XS type H BOV $50
Walbro 255lph $80
dsm 450cc's $50

-all new but the turbo/intercooler and injectors. i know thats not everything i need, but it's a good start, and i think i got pretty good deals on the shit

well since you still havent bought the manifold and piping you still have a chance, get a t3 off ebay, even one that needs tp be rebuilt ($75 max if it needs to be rebuitl)m you can find manifolds for that turbo easy.

it's gargbage, but still it's for a t3 and will NOT work with a 14b. I really suggest buying a t3, but it's up to u. a 14b is gonna need a custom manifold.

Back