Custom Supercharger?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Z6CRX

übber ɐɾuıu etarip
Has anyone on here, done or known of doing a custom supercharger on their honda engine. Not just adding a jackson racing supercharger.
But taking a supercharger from a buick or something and modifying it to work with their engine?
Mostly what is needed to be done is making sure the supercharger can fint on a manifold, tuning of course, getting belts to fit, and making sure the supercharger spins in the proper direction.
Any links or real info would be much appreciated. I'm just a bit more curious than anything else since I believe I have only seen one case.

I'm looking in to this too.

I must have supercharger, but I do not have several grand under the mattress for JRSC.
If I find anything, I will share here.

I had the bright idea to source junkyard turbo & run it w/ belt for low-buck power, but from what I've been reading so far, it sounds pretty un-possible.

i cant seem to find anything great on anyone doing this. Just people selling not showing the steps or anything.

Maybe someone has used one off an older MR2?
Other than that I just hear of people rebuilding them to spin backwards.

Somewhere I saw a setup where an m-60 blower from a grand prix was used on a b16 or something. It was mounted on top of the valve cover, and looked really sketchy. For cheap power, I'd go junkyard turbo because its alot easier to find/fab everything you will need.

The reason you dont see much info on a ghetto fab supercharger on a honda is because of the following:

1.) Junkyard turbo's are cheeper . . .a smooth running kit can be had for $500.

2.) Superchargers are not FWD friendly, as they will add lots of wheel-hop and wheelspin to an already traction hungry honda.

3.) Honda motors are all about the top-end. So are turbo's. Its a match made in heaven.

4.) Look under the hood of your honda. Not much room in there for a big-ol-supachaja.

I am not trying to discourage you from your pursuit. I was just listing the reasons why you dont see this kind of info very often.

I have an 89 3dr that i stuffed a c27 5spd into with plans to fab a steel intake complete to the heads so it will take my buick supercharger.it looks cool sitting on this settup but i think it would be junk on a four banger.looks like its time to fork up some cash.

I have an 89 3dr that i stuffed a c27 5spd into with plans to fab a steel intake complete to the heads so it will take my buick supercharger.it looks cool sitting on this settup but i think it would be junk on a four banger.looks like its time to fork up some cash.

Pics Please!

i have to fix this stupid camera first. maybe tomorrow but i got a sweet collection of parts and my hatch looks sweet too with the 5 lug conversion and the niche 17x9,s

I know this isn't seen to often but at least it is something moderately different. Personally I'm all for a turbo setup. This is something of a bit more of curiosity than anything else. Sometimes you just want to take a look at something different.

Welcome to Hondaswap.

Never know. Volumetric Efficiency is something to account for, but I have no clue how that engine compares.

Back