custom turbo or turbo kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well im gettin a hks turbo timer a dual gauge pod a boost gauge and air to fuel ratio gauge and 440 rc injectors

a/f gauge is worthless.

get a wideband like the innovative LM-1 or the PLx m-300

i've been doin some research and i found this one place called evans-tuning and all told me to get a full-race turbo kit. they said its one of the best turbo kits you can get.

full-race is the shit. you won't find a higher quality turbo kit, or a company with better customer support. being as they are top of the line, their kits aren't cheap.

also, i few of you mentioned uberdata... uberdata sucks in comparison to crome as it stands now. it's got a better interface, practically no bugs and just a more solid program.

I too am getting a turbo...and to let you know a stock B18 should be able to hold 10 psi SAFELY with proper tuning...I would recommend you getting either a t3/t4 hybrid OR a Garrett GT28R those are also nice...the GT is what I am looking for if you don't want to spend that much though you can go to a junkyard and find a old galant eclipse or talon TSI and get a TD05-H off one of those that is another option I am thinking of...but its up to you hope you have fun when you get it boosted lol

what about one of those t3/t4 hybrid turbos off ebay? because i've decided to peice one together myself.

homemadeturbo.com

go, read, research, learn, you will find your answers...

and buyer beware on ebay, you get what you pay for...

the compressor falls off the snail 5 miles down the road don't come bitching to us...

Originally posted by 92CX LS@Aug 18 2005, 04:47 PM
i decided to go with a t3/t4 what trim and a/r should i get.
[post=542073]Quoted post[/post]​

60 trim stage 3 compresor wheel with a .63a/r

go big or go home

Should i get a turbonetics turbo or what would be the best one for its price?

I found a turbo with that specs on full-race for $549 is that good

Heres my setup so far. Tell my if it is any good or if I should change anything.

T3/T4 Full-Race 60trim / .63 AR stage 3 - $549
Neukin turbo manifold - $650
Tial wastegate of ebay 38mm $215
Ice vex intercooler 21",12",3" - $250
RFL BOV off ebay - $85
DSM 450cc injectors off ebay - $90
Exhaust - haven't found one
Uberdata - free

Thats my setup so far i haven't found a downpipe yet. Where do I go to find one? What else do I need to complete the turbo setup?

Originally posted by 92CX LS@Aug 22 2005, 08:03 AM
Heres my setup so far. Tell my if it is any good or if I should change anything.

T3/T4 Full-Race 60trim / .63 AR stage 3 - $549
Neukin turbo manifold - $650
Tial wastegate of ebay 38mm $215
Ice vex intercooler 21",12",3" - $250
RFL BOV off ebay - $85
DSM 450cc injectors off ebay - $90
Exhaust - haven't found one
Uberdata - free

Thats my setup so far i haven't found a downpipe yet. Where do I go to find one? What else do I need to complete the turbo setup?
[post=543402]Quoted post[/post]​

oil line kit off tunertoys.com
Intercooler piping

and youll probably want to use crome instead of uberdata

Alright thanks! Where do I find Intercooler piping? Do I need to change anything that i got on the list?

How come crome and not uberdata?

Originally posted by 92CX LS@Aug 22 2005, 08:26 AM
Alright thanks! Where do I find Intercooler piping? Do I need to change anything that i got on the list?

How come crome and not uberdata?
[post=543413]Quoted post[/post]​

crome is better for fuel maps and such and for the IC piping I would check Jcwhitney..or you can find a IC kit...for around 600 that includes charge pipes and the IC greddy might have one...as for the downpipe....no clue..I would suggest going to a muffler shop and see if they can fab you one up! and man I hope you got more money cuase its gets costly....honestly I would go to a junkyard for your DSM 450's...you can get a set for like 50 bucks....

kteller.com for piping needs
crome for tuning

going with a neukin mani is probably not worth it for your set up.... you'll top out that turbo and the injectors before you see the real gains of an equal-length manifold. you can probably save a few bucks with a cheaper log-style if you want and still reach your goals.

but, you never even said what your goal is, what you use the car for, or anything like that... so what do i know...

well i want to have around 300whp for now and then sooner or later im going to build my internals. and i want it to be a weekly driver. because i don't drive every day

Do you think that setup will get me that much hp. If not then what could I do to get that much?

I was looking on tunertoys and i don't know which oil line to buy. I need yalls help because i don't know which to buy.

Back