custom turbo or turbo kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it seems like you are doing more typing than reading....all the answers you need are here and in www.homemadeturbo.com......

the set up that you posted last is good...but you need to read what people are typing...

read read read read read....thats the only way grasshopper (take it from one)

good luck...

Originally posted by 92CX LS@Aug 23 2005, 03:56 PM
Alright thanks, I guess.
[post=544138]Quoted post[/post]​

hes exactly right though man, im turboing my b16 and i havent even started a thread cause they are all here already, i first researched for hours and hours on what turbo will work best and then read on what ppls opinions are on what products they have bought and THEN piece together a list, and if you get stuck, then ask someone a question. and you are looking to more than double the hp of a stock b18 b, thats nuts for stock internals. but only my opinion.

also pissedoffsol posted an amazing link to a site on another thread that is great to read, i learned a ton for it. ill find it and post it, i printed the whole site so i can read it on the plane ride tommorow, and im also picking up the book they mention on the site. here is the link, read thorooughly and learn. here ya go champ.

www.beesandgoats.com/turbofaq/g2icturbo.html

thanx again for that link pissedoffsol! ;)

there's some errors in it, and i don't agree with everyting they say, but for the most part its a good 101 walkthrough

I went to a web site called evens-tuning.com and there are a lot of motors that have stock internals and there pushing high hp and tq numbers. Theres a couple b18b's on there that are pushing like 290hp. I talked to a person on there that told me that I should get a full-race turbo kit because their one of the best and I wouldn't regret if I got one and I would have full boost at 2000 or 2500 rpms. Then I ask how much hp could one of those kits produce on my motor. That person said 290hp and I ask is that safe and stock internals and he said yes if its tuned right. So thats why I wanted around 300 hp on stock internals but if thats not safe to run that much then I don't want it. But sooner or later I'm building my internals and maybe getting a vtec head.

So I guess I'll read read read and do somemore research. Because I'm new at this stuff and I want to know more. I used to not know anything about hondas then i got on here and read and did some research and figured out how to do a motor swap. So maybe I'll pick up on this turbo stuff but right now its a little confusing.

Once again thanks for the help!!!!!

thinking a full race t3/t76 will spool at 2k 2500 rpms is laughable. try 5k 5500 rpms if that on a stock motor. full race = full hype.

you can piece together a turbo kit using all new components that will make ju\st as much horsepower for half the price.

custom kit is def the way to go. pre fab kits are mostly garbage. dont get me wrong full race stuff is def baller. but imo its not even worth a fraction of the money their getting for it.

i made 320 whp stock block in my 96 gsr with a "hmt" kit. its not even so much the comonents of the kit as it is finding a conpetant tuner who can dance on the line of destruction to extract max hp.

is there anyone out there that does turbo piping in the dallas area?

Id be happy to do a custom setup, but i dont think its an option here.

I could get every part that i needed, but i dont have the pipe, the bender, or the tig welder (at my house) to do it. Id still have to buy the pipe, then go to my old school to use their stupid bending machine (not mandrel) and their ass of a tig box.

If you can tell me someone in my area that does turbo piping, id agree that it is the way to go. Otherwise, that time saver is what makes me lean towards a kit.

its easy to do it urself. shit, buy a harbor friehgt 79 dollar flux core mig.

buy some 180 bends off of ubendman on ebay. supplies will run ya about 80 bucks. cut them the way u need, and weld em. if the welds look like dookie, grind em. its very easy. have faith in yourself.

if you wanted you could tell me your car and intercooler choice, and i could make you a set of mandrel tigged charge pipes and ship em to you. i will include some pre cut pieces for you to mess with also if you need any slight variation off the turbo.. ill do it for a very reasonable price. and any blow off valve flange you want.

as far as custom. it is def the cheaper way and better way imo if you take your time and use your common sense. plus, youll learn a shitload more about your car and how it works if you do everything yourself... that is the essence of tuning cars isnt it?

Really? I didnt know phillip did shit like that. NM what i said earlier. I really trust their work over my own. I havent REALLY welded since high school, and id rather have the boys at intercrew do it.

Back