cutting out need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drew

i have an mini me set up found the pinouts for the ecu and have conected them i have an p2p a-31 ? ecu 96 ex ?? when i drive it cuts out at 5000 rpms like fuel cut ?? and will not go above it what could be wrong ??

The ecu is probably in limp mode. You have hooked up something wrong, have the wrong ecu, or sensors are out. Do you get a CEL?

and if you want good help, please do your best to use good grammar, so we can understand what you are asking. It's like trying to read a different language with some posts.

yeah i got an cel but i to scared to drive it to get read. it this just happened when i swap the ecu i had an non vtec dx ecu and just recieved my ex ecu and thats when this happened i guess i need to get the cel read

lol. I did have some difficulty reading that, but I have seen MUCH worse.

Try to explain the problem in more detail so we can pinpoint the problem.

Originally posted by drew@May 10 2004, 06:59 PM
yeah i got an cel but i to scared to drive it to get read. it this just happened when i swap the ecu i had an non vtec dx ecu and just recieved my ex ecu and thats when this happened i guess i need to get the cel read

You need to give us the CEL so we can tell you what is wrong, man. Is VTEC even wired on the car?

you don't have to drive the car to check the cel. Just turn the car in the on position without starting the car. You should be able to get the cel from that. I am not really familiar with the cel designations as I have an obd0 car, but there are a lot of guys here that know how to help. Start by telling what year and model car, what obd are you running, what model engine (mini-me, I am guessing the d16z6 or whatever model d motor> I only know b series :)) What model ecu, and what codes the ecu is throwing. That is a start.

96 civic hb dx y7 block y8 head obd2 ecu p2p a31

had codes read and here they are p0329 90452 p0450 p0107 p1259 p1508

some of these are from no cat converter

oki swaped the old dx ecu back in and it fixed the idle problem and it goes past 5k now do u think that the ex ecu is bad is there an way to clear codes or am i stuck with an bad ecu

Ecu might be bad, or they are just wired differently. You probably have friends with an ex civic, maybe you can borrow their ecu to check and see if that is what is causing the problem.

maybe. Anyone with with a mini me swap chime in and help out. I would guess they are the same if the obd's are the same, which I am sure they are. Do all the bolts line up? The only difference between the b18a and b16a obd0 distributors are the mounting legs.

yeah they bolt up ok i saw on another site that i needed to use the dist that matches the ecu so i think that may be where my problem is. just have not confirmed this yet

Back