Cutting Up A Carbon Fiber Hood

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

Will cutting into a Carbon Fiber hood to add scoops and vents compromise the structural rigidity of the hood itself?

please dont cut up an expensive cf hood :bash: anyway..can cf even be cut? its a fabric that has been cured with epoxy. that stuff is hella tough. you shouldnt need that kind of cold air in your engine bay anyway. if you are running a turbo or SC, that is what intercoolers are for. if you just want the look of a scoop, just mold it on...but i dont recommend doing it yourself unless you are very experienced with bodywork. of course that means you would have to paint the hood afterwards.

you can cut CF ... i had to do quite a bit of shaping on the edges of my leg brace (yes i made a CF leg brace)
it takees some time but with a dremell anyhting is possible.... just be careful

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@May 23 2003, 12:43 AM
anyway..can cf even be cut?

Yes.

s3ecdba6730d4e.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 23 2003, 01:34 AM
thats murder in the 1st :(

He didn't get the scoop on there in time. The engine won't clear the hood anyway. :)

As for the XBox sticker, XBox was sponsoring the race series, so he had to put something on there.

Probably a Sawzall or something. I don't know. Ignore the Xbox sticker, by the way... it's one of Intercrew's race cars, not an "XBox Car".

Back