cv axle for b18 in eg hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18ratrod

i am about to buy new cv axles but idk if i should get ones for a 92 civc cx or for wutever year integra has the b18c in it, are they car specific or engine/tranny specific? all help is much appreciated thanks!

USDM B series axles will work just fine. Sadly, I've changed mine a lot (they dont last long) in my 92 Civic with B18/B16.

Do not get D series axles. But I always get axles from Reibes for $60 each.

I am (and you should) looking into aftermarket stage 1 axles form various companies.

True....sorry. I get all wrapped up in the lingo talk and forget to put things in lament terms.

lol.
eh, i understood it, but figured that somebody may come across this thread one day and not know for sure if thats what you meant.

good info though.

hey thanks alot guys i was just about to buy some fenco civic ones from advance auto cuz when i take in my old ones they give me 19$ back each but u think i should just order some higher quality ones? these do have a 3 year warranty, are there any with lifetime warranty that cover everything that would be worth the extra buck? mind you id like to stay within reasonable price probly under 200$ for the pair thanks again!

hey thanks alot guys i was just about to buy some fenco civic ones from advance auto cuz when i take in my old ones they give me 19$ back each but u think i should just order some higher quality ones? these do have a 3 year warranty, are there any with lifetime warranty that cover everything that would be worth the extra buck? mind you id like to stay within reasonable price probly under 200$ for the pair thanks again!

If you are on a budget, you can get some pretty cheap Autozone axles that have a lifetime warranty. You can pretty much plan on them going out eventually, but you can just take them in and switch them out ;)

Hey I'm having a problem with my axles I got I got Integra axles for my b series swap but it seems the drives side axle is too short am I missing a piece or need a diff axle

yeah your intermediate shaft that bolts to the side of block goes into tranny then out to the axle which goes into the hub

update:
ok so i bought 94 gsr integra (because i have a b18c1 in my civic) axles and the passenger side ended up being about 1/2 an inch too short and i didnt even get the driver side out cuz im a little confused as to wut part needs to come out, i figured neither would work since the first one didnt so i packed them up and took them back and brought in my old pass side this time and matched it to my car 92 civic hatch cx, the one they had looked just like my old one so i went with a pair of those, put the new pass side in and it fit well until i tried turning it and it seemed kinda rattly like it didnt fit as tight as it could be, then i looked at the other side and noticed they were completly different, the driver side old one has a piece maybe a foot long coming from the transmission to a wheel shaped bracket hanging from the frame, thru that into another about 2 inches from the first then wut looks like the pass side axle shaft, but wut they gave me is one very long axle shaft, now idk what else to try, any ideas? sry about the underline i cant get it to go away

Back