cv joint help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uptownsamcv

i was oputting in a cv joint today and i didnt realize till after i put it all together that it idnt even go in all the way on the transmission side. is there a trick to gettign these in? ive done tons of cv joints on other cars but thsi oen seesm to be a bit of a pain. no matter how much i tap it with a rod and hammer it wont go in on the transmission side. could it be possibel that i have the wrong cv joint? i baught it remanufactured from napa.

did you double check the new axle against the old one before you switched them out? could def be a wrong axle, i usually give the axle a few good wacks on the end of it with my dead blow hammer while the joint is still out of the knuckle... works every time for me.

i will have to try that. i feel it slide in but there is still a inch or more left for it to go all the way in. im goign to have ot ake it all apart tomorow and try that.

also if it is the same check to make sure you are linning the teeth up correctly some of them have a different pattern to the teeth depending on the car.

make sure before you hit it with a hammer, that you put the axle nut on it up side down and thread it on a good ways first.

i wish i could have just found a rebuild kit. my old one wasnt even that bad it justt hat it came apart when the bracket between the transmision and the mount bushing messed up. it feels liek it slid in fine i guess now its just a matter of getting it in all the way. now i just have to wait for the rain to stop.

Back