1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CV Joint trouble

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by MikeBergy, Sep 25, 2006.

1. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

so... I am having issues with my passenger side cv joint, the inner joint that get inserted into the transmission. I've now gone through 2 in the last 30,000 miles. It's like the joint is squeezing out the grease and going dry for no apparently good reason. This is a 91 integra, b18a, stock transmission, stock suspension plus energy hyperflex bushings. Anyone have this problem? I have a lifetime warranty on the axle, so I have no problem going and exchanging it, but I don't paricularly like having to buy 2 quarts of syncromesh every 15k when the axle needs to be replaced. I mean, the boot isn't even torn, it's like something is happening to the joint itself, but I'm not sure what the problem is. I also have ES mount inserts if that helps.

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

all i can say is that is straight weird

3. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

seriously. I just replaced the axle like 4 weeks ago. And this one looks like grease exploded on it. No sign of the boot tearing or anything. I just don't know.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted