1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cv Leakage

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by brian11to1, Apr 25, 2003.

1. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Not sure where this should have gone... but I took out my CV (Passenger Side) and all the transmission fluid drained out, not all but a lot of it, is this bad? Or is this normal. I'm worried. It's a 93 Integra. And on the drivers side where the intermitten (*spelling*) shaft is how do I get the CV out of the shaft? Or since I'm pulling the engine and transmission together do I just take the intermitten (*spelling*) shaft out of the transmission all together? What size is the bolt on the end of the CV at the spindle/Rotor Isn't it a 32mm?

2. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

are you just trying to remove the tranny? if so, just take the kunckles off the ball joints, this will allow you to take the intermediate shaft and the passenter axle out of the tranny. there are rings that hold them in place so you'll need a screwdriver to pop them out. its ok that not ALL the tranny fluid came out, there will always be some old fluid in there. what is it your'e trying to do?

3. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Remove the transmission and engine for a swap. I'm swapping the engine and transmission into my 90 integra. So uhmm I dont know if this answered your questions.

4. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

it is perfectly normal for tranny fluid to run out of the axle holes.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted