1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cvt HX engine/trans mounts?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by stmotorsports, Jan 30, 2007.

1. stmotorsports

stmotorsports Senior Member

this may have been asked/answered on here before but I searched and didn't find anything...

so anyways I've heard that auto/cvt HX models have different frame-side mounts and/or frame rails so swapping in a manual trans and/or different series engine becomes a major pain. I have a chance to pick up a cvt hx with a bad trans pretty cheap but I need to know this before I go and jump on the deal

anyone?

2. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

i believe that all the mounts are the same except for the 99 - 00 they have a different upper driver side motor mount and i believe that the si model for that year have a different rear tranny mount as far as the tranny mounts go i dont think there are any difference between them from 92 - 00
    but i might be wrong but i havent seen or heard of any thing like what your asking

3. stmotorsports

stmotorsports Senior Member

thanx for the reply

anyone else ever heard of this? I may be going to look at the car in question tomorrow, been awhile since I've been under the hood of an ek, dunno if I'd be able to tell the difference just by looking

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted