1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cx Dizzy In A D16y8?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by orange.honda, Apr 18, 2003.

1. orange.honda

orange.honda Junior Member

will a 2000 cx dizzy fit a y8 head.

2. Spyderturbo

Spyderturbo Senior Member

pretty sure it will not, I just swapped a D16Z6 into my 94 CX and the casting for the dist. was different.

Just move the internals around, they should be the same, that's what I had to do :D

-Matt

3. solblu

solblu Senior Member

Put it on and check. If the bolts line up you are good. The Z6 and Y8 are different, so that doesn't help.

4. Drenni

Drenni Senior Member

I'm not sure but one is OBD 1 and the other is OBD 2 I guess that it won't work....

5. solblu

solblu Senior Member

No a 2000 CX and a Y8 are both OBD2

6. noobvang

noobvang Senior Member

Not sure, but from what I was told. It's best to use the correct dist. for the ecu that you are using. (EX ecu with EX dist and non-vtec ecu with non-vtec dist.)Not sure but, maybe true. I have a 96 lx, I used my cousins ex ecu and the car seems to be missfiring or somthing. For sure that the engine wasn't running right though. See what other folk say. <_<

7. tdehnel

tdehnel Senior Member

Nice move on using the VTEC ECU with a non-VTEC car. I'm pretty sure it had more to do with than just the distributor.

8. noobvang

noobvang Senior Member

Was troubleshoot'n my car at the time. I thought it was my ecu, his car was the only one around that is OBD2. So I thought I'll give it a try to see if any codes came up. :lol:

9. solblu

solblu Senior Member

ECU's and Dizzy's don't care. As long as you can set the correct timing and the legs(at least 2) bolt up you are good. It really doesn't even matter if it's an OBD1 or 2 Dizzy the wires just have to be cut and soldered. I've seen B7 Dizzy on a Z6 and a P28 running a B7. There are guys running LS dizzy on a B16. VTEC or not it doesn't matter. Just get the timing set and you are good. If it won't bolt up and you don't want to dremel out the bolt holes then you need a different dizzy.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted