Cx Dizzy In A D16y8?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pretty sure it will not, I just swapped a D16Z6 into my 94 CX and the casting for the dist. was different.

Just move the internals around, they should be the same, that's what I had to do :D

-Matt

Put it on and check. If the bolts line up you are good. The Z6 and Y8 are different, so that doesn't help.

I'm not sure but one is OBD 1 and the other is OBD 2 I guess that it won't work....

Originally posted by Drenni@Apr 21 2003, 11:38 PM
I'm not sure but one is OBD 1 and the other is OBD 2 I guess that it won't work....

No a 2000 CX and a Y8 are both OBD2

Not sure, but from what I was told. It's best to use the correct dist. for the ecu that you are using. (EX ecu with EX dist and non-vtec ecu with non-vtec dist.)Not sure but, maybe true. I have a 96 lx, I used my cousins ex ecu and the car seems to be missfiring or somthing. For sure that the engine wasn't running right though. See what other folk say. <_<

Nice move on using the VTEC ECU with a non-VTEC car. I'm pretty sure it had more to do with than just the distributor.

Originally posted by tdehnel@May 5 2003, 12:19 AM
Nice move on using the VTEC ECU with a non-VTEC car. I'm pretty sure it had more to do with than just the distributor.

Was troubleshoot'n my car at the time. I thought it was my ecu, his car was the only one around that is OBD2. So I thought I'll give it a try to see if any codes came up. :lol:

ECU's and Dizzy's don't care. As long as you can set the correct timing and the legs(at least 2) bolt up you are good. It really doesn't even matter if it's an OBD1 or 2 Dizzy the wires just have to be cut and soldered. I've seen B7 Dizzy on a Z6 and a P28 running a B7. There are guys running LS dizzy on a B16. VTEC or not it doesn't matter. Just get the timing set and you are good. If it won't bolt up and you don't want to dremel out the bolt holes then you need a different dizzy.

Back