Cx -dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kevinbout

How can you tell the canadian models of cx apart from the dx other then the engine/ gas tank/ and weather striping. My freinds 5th gen 95 civic hatch back is listed on his insurance as a cx but he's always thought it was a dx. I have the same car but i no mine is a cx. Is there anything we can compare.

well not all but most cx 92-95 had the 8 valve motor d15b8 and i think the dx has rear defrost where te cx dont

we both have the d15b7 i though i covered that i guess it wasn't coherent. and i also have the rear wiper (doesn't work though :( ) and so does he aswell as the desfroster which i don't know if it works or not.

The only diferrance i can tell is that he has the weatherstripping and i don't

well mine has the stock "civic CX" sticker on the tailgate. unless my tailgate is off a cx but i don't think thats the case. Would it make much of a differance that it's a canadian version? Because i know my buddy that has a 1999 SiR the motor is a b16a2 which according to the "honda engine list" sticky is out of a 2000+ civic si.

Back on topic. maybe his is just a cx too? It has a hydrolic clutch too and i thought that dx's didn't?

all 92 + civic have hydro trannys..if i new the vin # i could tell you what it was

Would it make much of a differance that it's a canadian version? Because i know my buddy that has a 1999 SiR the motor is a b16a2 which according to the "honda engine list" sticky is out of a 2000+ civic si.

Canadian models usually run one below ours in terms of options and equipment (i.e. their SiR = our Si, their Si = our EX). For some of the obscure lower models though (DX, CX, VX, etc.) I'm not completely sure how the trim levels work.

Anyway, does the tail gate look like it's from a different car? If not, then you probably have a CX. Is your buddy's car the same year as yours or different? The differences may have been a year-related change rather than having to do with the trim level...

Back