CX interchange question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PartsChic

Autoxr 4L
Has anyone tried this?
I'm currently working on a B18 build up but in the meantime my daily driver 93 CX(d15b8) decided at 175k to throw a rod. A friend of mine said he had a "CX" motor but when I drove out to pick it up, turns out its a 96 CX(d16y7) motor/trans.
I'm kinda in a bind and I need my car back on the road ASAP.
Any thoughts on if this will work(easily)?
I know that the 96 CX is OBD2 and mine is OBD1. I'm thinking of trying to find a 5th gen DX intake manifold/tbi/ecu to put on the d16y7 block.

Originally posted by PartsChic@Oct 5 2003, 04:00 AM
Has anyone tried this?
I'm currently working on a B18 build up but in the meantime my daily driver 93 CX(d15b8) decided at 175k to throw a rod. A friend of mine said he had a "CX" motor but when I drove out to pick it up, turns out its a 96 CX(d16y7) motor/trans.
I'm kinda in a bind and I need my car back on the road ASAP.
Any thoughts on if this will work(easily)?
I know that the 96 CX is OBD2 and mine is OBD1. I'm thinking of trying to find a 5th gen DX intake manifold/tbi/ecu to put on the d16y7 block.

Sounds to me like you've got a handle on what you need to make it work. MOst of the D series parts are interchangeable, especially between same models, you should be good to go.

Well, I decided that this was going to be too much work for a cx motor so...
.....the B20z is on the way :D

Back