cx to d16z6 no spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxz6sohc

tattoo overlord
I swapped out my engine for a d16z6. It was a running local engine so, I know it was legit. I have everything in the swap complete. But im not getting it to start....It will turn over but not start...I know I have fuel cause I had a small leak the first time I tried to start it.

It wont fire...no spark....checked everything...main black yellow lead is hot...went and got another distributor...nothing. New Plugs and cables....Still nothing. The car ran and started, and sounded very strong! Now it sounds like silence! Im running the p28 and I even tried the p06 just to see if it was a fried ecu. But nothing still no spark. Which in theory it should have started the d16z6, but not kept the vtec.

Im getting power to the dizzy through the main black yellow lead in the 2 wire connector.... I just can figure out why it started and ran, and did it repeatedly and then the next day nothing. Problem is I didnt touch a thing!

I got another engine harness from a d16z6 and im still getting no spark. While it did correct some of dead leads. I have an electrical gremlin somewhere and I am running out of ideas.

I am not getting ignition input signal to the distributor (yellow/green)

I have followed it all the way back to the ecu and nothing...the only thing I noticed is in diagrams. Yellow/Green becomes Red/Green it is suppose to go and split to A21 and A22. My CX ECU Harness only goes to A21. I tried splitting the signal and nothing.

Could the main relay be the source of my problems. I am getting fuel but no spark. All my grounds are good and everything is working down to the tail lights but NO SPARK!!!! I know the ecu is good cause I randomly disconnected things for it to throw codes and it detected every single one.

When it did start it made alot of clicking noises from near the main relay/fusebox.

Any suggestions? :(

I have tried alot of other boards and no one seems to have any ideas

Thanks
Steven

When you turn the car to on position. listen carefully so see if the fuel pump primes or not. You shoud hear like one click or something from the main relay by your left foot if I remember correctly. its always the simple things. double check your timing.

Thanks for the reply....I got things going again....I changed out dizzy and replaced/or cleaned all the grounds..changed the main relay. Finally it started again. I must have had something messed up in between all of those things. I did it all at one time so IDK which worked, but it worked nonetheless.

Not having any help makes working on a car a PITA.

Back