CX trans suxxx!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dansace

Don't know if this is the right place to post this but......

I just completed my d15b swap and used my CX trans and it sucks!!! I can only hit vtec in 1st and 2nd gears. I shifted into third at 80mph today. It's driving me crazy!!! Hopefully I can find an EX trans around town on Monday. :angry:

:werd:

You'll still get 89750986mpg with your D15B and the CX transmission. :)

werd, take it to the salt flats...

first NA honda in the 200's...
unless thats been broken already? :unsure:
lol

these are the kinda things you need to consider before doing the swap...

good thing my cx tranny went to shit

Ya I did consider that but I could not find one at the time, old engine had a blown head gasket, and I had to drive something.

yeah mine is driving me crazy.....i need to do something quick.....good luck

Originally posted by formby@Feb 3 2005, 02:54 PM
yeah mine is driving me crazy.....i need to do something quick.....good luck
[post=455911]Quoted post[/post]​

The cx tranny fucking rocks when you do a hybrid with it. Where you at? I have a hybrid cx tranny for sale. It has the SI final drive gear, and an SI 4th. Fresh syncros and all that. The thing pulls hard in 1st and 2nd like the SI tranny (2nd is a bit longer than the si, so you pull longer) and 3rd is awesome. If you plan on running boost this it the perfect tranny. with your d15b, you will start to pull at 70, and pull hard from 80-110, then you throw it into 4th, witch is real close to 3rd, and it keeps you in the power band. i hit my speed limiter b4 i can top it of, but it still pulls.

I suggest playing around with your tranny b4 you ditch it. I also have a spare SI final drive and 4th gear layin around, if you want to play with it...
BTW stock cx trannys blow goats. (enough of my self plug and back to tha topic at hand)

Back