cx wiring harness on jdm b18c gsr need wirig help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Eg6nRpS13

I recently dropped a obd1 jdm gsr engine in my 95 civic cx, I used the cx harness... Here are some of my question, I am wiring all the wires I need and I am going through the firewall for now. I know it would look alot cleaner if I wired them to the canon plugs but I need this up and running asap. First off I ran my o2 wires already, white to d14, green to d22, black heater control to to a6, black heater circuit power to b1 switched 12v, not sure if I got the blacks in the right place yet, waiting for new distributor so I can see if the car turns on and dies after 30 seconds, if it doesnt then I dont have to switch, if I am doing something wrong there please let me know. Ok second i ran the knock sensor to d3 red blue, ran the vtec wire to a4 yellow/green, ran the vtec pressure switch to d6, and ran the vtec ground wire thats next to the vtec pressure switch to the trannsmission ground. Heres what I think I might of messed up on cuz im not sure which goes where, pink/blue I found alot of topics saying just switch a20 to a17. Can I do this? as I am using the cx harness? I cut off plugs from the jdm harness for the vtec solenoid, o2 plug, knock sensor plug, vtec pressure switch plug, and the plug that goes on the black box underneath the intake manifold. Is that the one im suppose to use or a different one. Theres a plug on the very top of the intake one on the back and one on the bottom of the intake, Which one do I use to run the secondaries. The pink/blue is the iab from what I read alot on the seach that I can switch from a20 to a17. Right now I have a17 going to the pink/blue and the black wire next to it goint to a20. Thats probably wrong... Can anybody help me asap as I need to start this engine and make sure everything runs fine before my warranty is up. Get back thanks if anybody can help. And I dont have a distributor hooked up right now can that throw a check engine light too?

Originally posted by Eg6nRpS13@Sep 12 2005, 04:08 AM
I recently dropped a obd1 jdm gsr engine in my 95 civic cx, I used the cx harness... Here are some of my question, I am wiring all the wires I need and I am going through the firewall for now. I know it would look alot cleaner if I wired them to the canon plugs but I need this up and running asap. First off I ran my o2 wires already, white to d14, green to d22, black heater control to to a6, black heater circuit power to b1 switched 12v, not sure if I got the blacks in the right place yet, waiting for new distributor so I can see if the car turns on and dies after 30 seconds, if it doesnt then I dont have to switch, if I am doing something wrong there please let me know. Ok second i ran the knock sensor to d3 red blue, ran the vtec wire to a4 yellow/green, ran the vtec pressure switch to d6, and ran the vtec ground wire thats next to the vtec pressure switch to the trannsmission ground. Heres what I think I might of messed up on cuz im not sure which goes where, pink/blue I found alot of topics saying just switch a20 to a17. Can I do this? as I am using the cx harness? I cut off plugs from the jdm harness for the vtec solenoid, o2 plug, knock sensor plug, vtec pressure switch plug, and the plug that goes on the black box underneath the intake manifold. Is that the one im suppose to use or a different one. Theres a plug on the very top of the intake one on the back and one on the bottom of the intake, Which one do I use to run the secondaries. The pink/blue is the iab from what I read alot on the seach that I can switch from a20 to a17. Right now I have a17 going to the pink/blue and the black wire next to it goint to a20. Thats probably wrong... Can anybody help me asap as I need to start this engine and make sure everything runs fine before my warranty is up. Get back thanks if anybody can help. And I dont have a distributor hooked up right now can that throw a check engine light too?
[post=552909]Quoted post[/post]​

if somebody can answer some of my questions it would help. anybody get back thanks

You need to finish hooking up the motor, and see what it is doing once teh wiring is finished. There is no pooint in troubleshooting something that isn't finished. Yes, your distributor needs to be hooked up, or you will throw a CEL.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 13 2005, 06:38 AM
You need to finish hooking up the motor, and see what it is doing once teh wiring is finished. There is no pooint in troubleshooting something that isn't finished. Yes, your distributor needs to be hooked up, or you will throw a CEL.
[post=553585]Quoted post[/post]​

got the distributor this morning and fired it up. started on first try. loud cuz of no exhaust and no intake. But my question was i found the pink/blue for the iab on the gsr harness. I cut it off and moved it over to my engine, but there is another black wire right next to it. I know im suppose to run the iab wire to a17, what do i do with that black wire, and theres 3 different plug places that all those plugs can plug into. I need to know what plug goes where exactly. Theres one on the very top of the engine, one on the back and one on the bottom seems like its connected to a black box. All wires hook up but i head im suppose to leave one wire out because the jdm engines dont have it. Forgot what its called though. Get back if you can help and thanks for responding.

i don't know why you just diid,t use the gsr harness and wire vtec from there alot easyer i just did it 2 weeks ago

Originally posted by Eg6nRpS13+Sep 13 2005, 11:25 AM-->
@Sep 13 2005, 06:38 AM
[post=553585]Quoted post[/post]​

got the distributor this morning and fired it up. started on first try. loud cuz of no exhaust and no intake. But my question was i found the pink/blue for the iab on the gsr harness. I cut it off and moved it over to my engine, but there is another black wire right next to it. I know im suppose to run the iab wire to a17, what do i do with that black wire, and theres 3 different plug places that all those plugs can plug into. I need to know what plug goes where exactly. Theres one on the very top of the engine, one on the back and one on the bottom seems like its connected to a black box. All wires hook up but i head im suppose to leave one wire out because the jdm engines dont have it. Forgot what its called though. Get back if you can help and thanks for responding.
[post=553687]Quoted post[/post]​

its a jdm engine and the main plug that goes to the ecu is on the other side, jdm, so yeah I had to use my cx harness.

Back