Cylinder flood

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy_winds_

Can I flood my cylinders if my car can't start and I'm constanly cranking it? (EFI) Well I pulled out my wires and I forgot the firing order,so I spent all yesterday trying to figure the order. I finally figured it out and, now my 94 1.5 liter DX wont start, could have worn something out? Battery (battery charge is low, and the plugs are platinum.) :mad:

make sure the battery is fully charged and when you crank it put the pedal to the floor, this will cause it to go into clear flood mode and should fix it. or you really didn't get the wiring right. check it again.
-canyon

Originally posted by statiksol@Dec 24 2003, 08:26 PM
make sure the battery is fully charged and when you crank it put the pedal to the floor, this will cause it to go into clear flood mode and should fix it. or you really didn't get the wiring right. check it again.
-canyon

When I face the car I know the #1 cylinder is on the drivers side, and on the distributor #1 on the distributor is on the bottem left. #3 top left #4 top right #2 lower right.
Me and My friend are tired of trying to push start it, If me and my friend push it with another car to a speed of 40mph, think the compression will fix the problem?
I'm pretty sure it's flooded cause when push starting it we smell gas out the tail pipe when it struggles to start. :sleep:

Damn it shouldn't be that hard cause the wires are 4 different lengths, one for each cylinder. usually the Dist. is numbered

Originally posted by senate_9427@Dec 24 2003, 08:51 PM
Damn it shouldn't be that hard cause the wires are 4 different lengths, one for each cylinder.  usually the Dist. is numbered

My distributor is not numbered, and I already figured how to plug them.

what caused the car to originally not run? if the firing order is wrong then the car will seem like its flooding because the fuel will be going out of the exhaust valve and the ignition will occur at the wrong time when there isn't fuel correctly in the mix

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Dec 24 2003, 08:55 PM-->
senate_9427
@Dec 24 2003, 08:51 PM
Damn it shouldn't be that hard cause the wires are 4 different lengths, one for each cylinder.  usually the Dist. is numbered

There should be a 1 with an arrow for the direction to #2 by the 1st spark plug on the distributor. Get a Haynes or Chiltons manual...it'll tell you your firing order.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Dec 25 2003, 08:33 PM
what caused the car to originally not run?  if the firing order is wrong then the car will seem like its flooding because the fuel will be going out of the exhaust valve and the ignition will occur at the wrong time when there isn't fuel correctly in the mix

I stop driving my car for 2 months and, I drained the oil, and for some reason I pulled the spark plugs out of the distributor ( It was running fine) and after 2 months I forgot I bought new oil and I plug the SP wires in. I forgot that I have to put them in a certain order and I spent that day trying to figure them out, so I guess I flooded the cylinders, I think cause the battery is to low of charge it not giving a strong enough spark.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 25 2003, 08:39 PM-->
Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 24 2003, 08:55 PM
senate_9427

There should be a 1 with an arrow for the direction to #2 by the 1st spark plug on the distributor. Get a Haynes or Chiltons manual...it'll tell you your firing order.

You illiterate? I figured out how to plug them.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Dec 25 2003, 11:51 PM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 25 2003, 08:39 PM
senate_9427

Yeah after a fuckin day of trying to figure it out. Instead of going to Autozone and looking up the firing order in 15 minutes. <_<

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 26 2003, 12:14 AM-->
Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 25 2003, 11:51 PM
senate_9427

Yeah after a fuckin day of trying to figure it out. Instead of going to Autozone and looking up the firing order in 15 minutes. <_<

How am I suppose to go to autozone when my car can't start????. Man you dont think.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Dec 26 2003, 01:15 AM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 26 2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 25 2003, 11:51 PM
senate_9427

How am I suppose to go to autozone when my car can't start????. Man you dont think.

Do you live alone? does everyone around you hate you? no friends? how about legs? got those? :roll:

Friends?? you should'nt be talking, I live in newyork took the oil out went down to florida for 2 months, just got back on the 24. Autozone open on christmas dam they anit playing around (Are you serious)? Who cares about fixing a car in Xmas none of my friends dont, but I do I just want to get it running.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_@Dec 26 2003, 01:35 AM
Friends?? you should'nt be talking, I live in newyork took the oil out went down to florida for 2 months, just got back on the 24. Autozone open on christmas dam they anit playing around (Are you serious)? Who cares about fixing a car in Xmas none of my friends dont, but I do I just want to get it running.

oh ok :roll: I'm not going to argue with you about friends when all i meant was you don't have a friend or someone that would drive you somewhere?

You said you pulled the plugs two months ago...and then waited until christmas to try to figure it out...?? How the hell was I supposed to know your dumbass did the work and then left for Florida? In your next post, try making some sense. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 26 2003, 01:41 AM

oh ok  :roll: I'm not going to argue with you about friends when all i meant was you don't have a friend or someone that would drive you somewhere?

You said you pulled the plugs two months ago...and then waited until christmas to try to figure it out...?? How the hell was I supposed to know your dumbass did the work and then left for Florida? In your next post, try making some sense. :thumbsup:

Listen you dont know anything, useful so dont anwser. Making sense? I Drain the oil I pull out the wires and left for florida :gives: . Who wants to remember that they pulled out the SP wire in there car and want to figure out the firing order while there having fun in florida (NO ONE). No I didnt wait 2 months to figure a firing order out.

You :ghey:

If you remembered or at least wrote down your firing order, now you wouldnt be having this potential flooding problem when trying to find teh correct firing order now, would you? mmhmm.

I apologize for trying to state something logical. I guess that means I'm stupid. :shrug2:

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back