cylinder head question (cam caps)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondapowerb16a2

I am in the process of building my motor and when reassembling it i noticed that one of the three caps that go over the cams is missing now. Honda says its not a part I can order unless i purchase the whole cylinder head. and so i called this engine place in town and they said if i did find one that I would have to have the head line bored because one from a different head would be a different size or something. is this true? has anyone ever damaged or lost one of these? where can you find one? what if any work did you need to do to replace it? I need help. what do you guys think i should do.

find a bad head on ebay i did in my type r still works fine. as long as u use same head parts u should be fine, junk yards r good sorce too, which motor do u have i might have some at home

I have a 2000 b16a2 i think the gsr and itr have the same caps if you have one i am missing the one with a 2 on it but im not sure if it matters. let me know i'll buy it right away. thanks

Back