1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D cams - H cams?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Bns773, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Bns773

Bns773 Member

I bought a 2nd gen b16 and dropped it in my civic and was not happy with how slow it was. I pulled the cams and they had an " H " stamped near mid cam. I then pulled the cams out of my other 2nd gen b16 (with a cracked block) and they had a " D " stamped near mid cam. I put the " D's " in and I was back to the same performance of my old b16. Does anyone know where I can get specs for these cams at or know which one came in what car?

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

B16A cams have a H on them. Reason they performed the same is because they are.

3. Bns773

Bns773 Member

Then what are D cams because they perform better than my H cams?

4. Bns773

Bns773 Member

Is the 2nd gen B16 auto different from the manual? I took the cams out and they were different (H cams in auto head, D cams in manual head). I also switched out the injectors because I was still lacking power (Auto injectors had a 1 stamped on the side, Manual had a 5 on the side) . After I did this it seemed to be back to my old b16. Anyone ever heard of this or know where I can get more information?

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

My B16A manual cams have a H on them.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted