D cams - H cams?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bns773

I bought a 2nd gen b16 and dropped it in my civic and was not happy with how slow it was. I pulled the cams and they had an " H " stamped near mid cam. I then pulled the cams out of my other 2nd gen b16 (with a cracked block) and they had a " D " stamped near mid cam. I put the " D's " in and I was back to the same performance of my old b16. Does anyone know where I can get specs for these cams at or know which one came in what car?

B16A cams have a H on them. Reason they performed the same is because they are.

Is the 2nd gen B16 auto different from the manual? I took the cams out and they were different (H cams in auto head, D cams in manual head). I also switched out the injectors because I was still lacking power (Auto injectors had a 1 stamped on the side, Manual had a 5 on the side) . After I did this it seemed to be back to my old b16. Anyone ever heard of this or know where I can get more information?

Originally posted by Bns773@Mar 25 2004, 05:32 PM
Is the 2nd gen B16 auto different from the manual? I took the cams out and they were different (H cams in auto head, D cams in manual head). I also switched out the injectors because I was still lacking power (Auto injectors had a 1 stamped on the side, Manual had a 5 on the side) . After I did this it seemed to be back to my old b16. Anyone ever heard of this or know where I can get more information?

My B16A manual cams have a H on them.

Back