D/S rotors with steelies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Swap fan

I have a 2000 gsr with drilled/slotted rotors front and back, what is the smallest size steelies that can fit on? searched and couldn't find. I need to swap for some winter boots. Or are there different sized rotors that make the difference?
thanks

Measure the diameter of your rotors, and add the room for the calipers. As long as you didn't do a brake size upgrade, whatever your stock wheel size is- should be the same for steelies.

Measure the diameter of your rotors, and add the room for the calipers. As long as you didn't do a brake size upgrade, whatever your stock wheel size is- should be the same for steelies.

:werd:

The fact that you're running drilled/slotted rotors is irrelevant to the wheel sizing issues UNLESS you actually upgraded the size of the rotors...

now i feel stupid. haha. thanks

^_^

I'm just speaking from experience. At least you gave this thought beforehand. My hubby (boyfriend at the time of incident) bought this ridiculous expensive brake upgrade kit for his '94 Accord (which I told him he didn't need, but anyways)- he had 17's on his car, and I had a 2000 Accord with 18's on it. Well- he jacks his car up, installs new brakes, and.... oops- his wheels don't fit over the rotors and calipers. So he comes to me all lovey and nice and crap, and says "um, I need to borrow your wheels for a little while". Yeah, okay, sure. I never got my wheels back. I sold the Accord with the 17's on it and he sold his Accord with MY 18's on it. Fail. :(
But- at least I married him so I can pick on him about it forever. :p It's a good running joke with us now.

stock 14" honda/acura steelies are the smallest you can go. 13's wont clear, i know from experience.

ok well i just found out the rotors are just as big as stock. so im all good now. thanks every one.
time to get some Bridgestone Blizzaks

now i feel stupid. haha. thanks

No need to feel dumb man. It wasn't really a dumb question. I was just letting you know. But yes, 14" steelies are the limit for Integras. Some of the lower end Civics can fit 13" steelies with their dinky little brakes, but nothing smaller then 14" will fit over the Integra's disks...

Back