d series alt on a b series engine!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

hey guys i think my altenator is dead no good shot, so what i wanted to know is, is there a way for me to mount my d series alt which i know works great on my b series engine? i know that the d series one is about two inches longer if that but i want to really check my wiring and see if i did it wrong. if i can get my d series one on there until after the holidays until i can get a new b series one i would be greatly exited please let me know thanks guys

I 'm using a d series on my Bseries. You have to shave some material off the bracket then it just bolts on.

As long as you didn't switch obd's you should be fine. with the wiring it should just plug in.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 10 2004, 10:01 AM
go to autozone and buy a refurbished one for $60
[post=429919]Quoted post[/post]​

i didn't know they where that cheap i looked it up on there website and they want 200 bucks for there new ones

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 11 2004, 06:58 AM
when i called they quoted me 179.99, maybe that was for a new unit though.
[post=430406]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i checked online and i didn't see any for rebuilt alts, but 92civicb18b1 you said you have done it before i tried it and it seems like it just sits there no way does it fit i mean could it be that you are using an obd1 alt and i am using a obd2 alt?

that might be it, but the obd1 and 2 bracks should be the same, thats what i thought anyway

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 12 2004, 06:35 AM
that might be it, but the obd1 and 2 bracks should be the same, thats what i thought anyway
[post=430796]Quoted post[/post]​
well what about the plugs i think they are different between the two of them

yea the plugs will be different if it's different obd, is your car the same obd as your new motor? i know an obd1 plug is the same for both D and B series.

Back