d-series cable to hydro trans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cREX

i have a d15b vtec motor along with hydro trans on the way..i know i need a conversion kit for the trans but is that all cause i see on some sites that there is other parts ill need for the hydro swap. so question is what all do i need to do the hydro swap??

Sell the hydraulic transmission. Buy an EF Si transmission. Call it a day. :)

If you insist on making your life more difficult, you need all of the clutch hydraulics and a clutch pedal that will accept the clutch master cylinder.

I would say this is the way to go. I wouldnt use a hydro trans unless the swap you need requires it. But it doesnt so dont go through the hassle. Cause it is.

-Carl-

Doesn't Hasport have a kit now that will do exactly this?

I think the oem clutch pedal will work fine, figuring he buys the hasport kit. That is what it was designed for.

The Hasport one. It will allow you to keep all of your pedal system the same, cable the same, and will be the easiest to install (and cheapest).

I will warn you, though. The Hasport kit (or ANY conversion kit, Hasport being the best) will make your clutch feel wayyy different. It won't feel as normal as an actual cable trans.
I would do exactly as Blanco said. Pick up an EF Si cable trans. It will feel a lot better in not only clutch feel, but also the gearing is VERY fun!

With the Innovation kit, you will need to buy a lot more equipment to get the car going. Not only will you have to run a new hydraulic line from the master cylinder to the slave cyl, you have to INSTALL a slave cylinder (if the trans doesn't already have one on it), and you'll need to go through the hassle of rigging your pedal assembly, and I can assure you that being on your back underneath your dash for any extended period of time SUCKS BALLS.

Go with the Si transmission($<200 and you have a spare tranny around to sell).
If you absolutely do not want to do that, go with the Hasport Conversion ($250 and have sloppy pedal feel).

-Andrew

i dont have the time too find a si trans.. not that easy to come by really .. anyways why would the clutch feel different ?kinda dont make since..

just get the hasport kit that way you dont have to change anything all you do is bolt the kit up, and it will feel just about the same as it did with the stock ef tranny

im doin a b16 swap on my ef..are you saying i should expect a funky feeling clutch pedal with the conversion kit after i install the hydro trans?

im thinking its gona feel like a stock ef cable tranny, after all the cable is still doing the work

im thinking its gona feel like a stock ef cable tranny, after all the cable is still doing the work

very true....never thought about it feeling any different but i can see where blanco gets the idea...cable movement operating a hydro system. i guess we'll see when i bolt er up

oddly enought i couldnt find a cheap enough b series cable trans...but came across a hydro gsr trans from a friend....sooo hydro it is

its etheir the hydro trans or the stock hf trans

Back