D series DIY turbo questions...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
I'm looking for some turbo guys on here to pick your brain...

I got a TD04H off a early 90's volvo and am having a hard time finding specs for this beast...

I've read that stock volvo pushes 8 psi, but beyond that i can't find any info...

so i guess my questions are does anyone know the ratios for this turbo and the cfm's and more importantly how does this turbo compare to lets say the T25, or a T3, or T3/T4...

I am also wondering if anyone knows what turbo manifold to use to keep this turbo from hitting the a/c...
I think drag had manifold that positioned the turbo far enough towards the trans to allow the a/c...

I also read that when boosting a D series with a DIY kit that a dsm turbo is small enough so as not to interfere with the a/c, so I'm wondering if i should try and get a diffrent turbo for my particular project...

thanks for any help

a TD04H 14b i think, but theres all kinds...anyways it should push 300-360 cfm (just a guess, flame away..) and around 15-16 psi max
it's a little bigger than a T25, theres all sorts of T3 and T3/T4 will blow it away. i dont know about the manifolds though, sorry

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 1 2004, 01:15 PM
I am also wondering if anyone knows what turbo manifold to use to keep this turbo from hitting the a/c...
I think drag had manifold that positioned the turbo far enough towards the trans to allow the a/c...

I also read that when boosting a D series with a DIY kit that a dsm turbo is small enough so as not to interfere with the a/c, so I'm wondering if i should try and get a diffrent turbo for my particular project...

thanks for any help

a greddy manifold should work, but you might wanna confirm that first.

your turbo is internally gated, so make sure you get a manifold for that setup- not an external. otherwise, you're going to have to close off the external port.

as for your space concerns- it depends on how good the manifold is.
full-race makes a manifold that will keep a/c, and run their huge t3/t67 witha full 3" downpipe.... but thats way out of the diy price range....

Back