D Series Engine In A Del Sol !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

coupe216

My local scrappy says they have a D16 Engine DOHC from a Del Sol. Did the Del Sol ever come with a D Series. I always thought that they were all B16's.

If they did, could I fit the head and so on into my D16Z2 Block. I only want the head because they can not tell me that the bottom end is okay - just that the head is fine.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, please help me (Again !!)

Regards

Chris

u r basic del sol all came w/ 1.6 sohc engines (d-series engines) like thos found in tha basic civic that r non vtecs!!!!!!

if ur del sol has a dohc on it................then it means u got a lil b16a engine in it in which tha del sol si came w/ !!!!!!!!! ur a lucky brother 2 have that del sol if it has tha lil si engine in it!!!!!!!! no need 4 swapping engines my freind!!!!!!!!

so just go w/ aftermarkets 4 tha b16a and u will be fine yo!!!!!!!! and trust me.............u got mad choices in everythin if u got tha lil b16a !!!!!!!!!!

;) B) :p :D :ph34r: :worthy:

Ok, I wish you would learn to speak teh Engrish, FORTUNE COOKIE.

Del Sol S Model came with a D15B7
Del Sol Si Model came with a D16Z6
Del Sol VTEC Model came with a B16A3

If you want, just put a D16Z6 head on the D16Z2 (I'm not even sure what that is)

I say if it has DOHC on it and it is from a del sol, say "yea, i am looking for that engine just for a back up" dont tell him it is a rare engine. Get a good deal on it. If you make them belive that it is just a super common "d16 dohc) engine, you could get a killer deal.

Back