D-series hydro tranny question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

knowledge

Thanks guys! Well I will be running the current tranny I got on low boost and no internals done! I am in the process of getting a spare Z6 and tranny to rebuild and do all internals as possible! Plan on quaife lsd and some serious axles! As you all know I wanna own the badest SOHC! Found a spare Z6 and tranny for 100 each! Just need to con the wife into letting me get it before it gone! Oh and Professor C the ratio's would be sweet to have thanks!

I'll dig around and see what I can find.

If you're looking to have the baddest SOHC, you've got some competition from some of my friends...

One guy was making 220whp on stock internals with a D16Y8 and an intercooled Greddy kit- now he's selling to go bigger. Another friend already has his D16Y8 totally built: resleeved by Golden Eagle, pistons, rods, cam on the way, Quaiffe in the tranny- and made 240hp/218lbft at the wheels on a mild turbo. He's in the process of upgrading his entire system to larger intercooler, turbo, etc.

Good luck! :D

Lol Professor C! Well It is in work and I have the Greddy complete kit w/ intercooler kit, and so much crap already on the way! So I guess after that is on I need to shoot for your boy who has the internals! That will be getting done once I get my spare motor. One question... How much psi is your boy running without any internals done? 7psi? thats what I am going to run up untill I get my spare motor! After I have that I will be running 8.5 psi! I am guessing just over 200Hp@7psi!

Both guys I know with the intercooled Greddy kit on stock internals ran 10-12psi with no problems. The guy with the bulletproofed engine doesn't get online.

Back