d series motor into a 93 Del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gusano

i was wondering what i need to swap a 99 d series motor into a 93 honda civic del sol....what will go straight in and what i would need to adjust...

thank you

email me

gusanoesco@hotmail.com

think about it...use the new long block and reuse the harness.....take pics and remember where everything goes.....ohh this site is full of great info...good luck

Originally posted by formby@Sep 20 2005, 09:23 AM
think about it...use the new long block and reuse the harness.....take pics and remember where everything goes.....ohh this site is full of great info...good luck
[post=557117]Quoted post[/post]​

Also you need to use the distributor from your del sol. The 99 mounts for the dizzy are different.

well i have a basic idea how to swap....but i was wondering if my harness' and my ecu would match up with the 99 dx engine....or is there anythin i would have to modify...like harness or distributor or axles or anything

thanks for everyones help

so i need the new long block....what other new parts do i need from the new motor...just so i know b4 i buy it or if it comes with it

get the whole motor with wiring harness plug it in to your shock tower harness plug your ecu into your car wire harness fill with gas start and drive

Originally posted by PhyRe@Sep 21 2005, 12:05 PM
get the whole motor with wiring harness plug it in to your shock tower harness plug your ecu into your car wire harness fill with gas start and drive
[post=557692]Quoted post[/post]​

that won't work.. lol

swap it in.
use your current driverside and rear mount
if both old and new motors are vtec, or both are non-vtec, you're golden. if you're converting, you'll need to do some other stuff, but you don't specifiy what you are doing.

swap the dizzy, injectors, alternator from old motor to new motor.
alternative is to cut the plug from the new motor and paste onto old harness.

again, this only works if you're keeping the same vtec/non-vtec motor.

my car has vtec...but i dont have it plugged in right now cuz the original engine from the car is toast...then i bought some old d series engine for cheap but it was a hunk of crap...burned oil and everythin...im still waitin for a couple of guys sellin the newer d series motors...with v tec

my concerns on the swap was if i needed the new ecu and wiring harness' like if the original ones from the car would work...also if my original axles would work...to see what i would have to ask the guy for with the new motor so i can lower costs

thanks

i can't answer your question because i still don't have a freaking clue what you are doing.

i'm asuuming you had an si with the d16z6 in there....
then what?
and what are you buying from the 99, a y8?

ok im planning on putting in a d16y7 civic motor into a honda civic del sol 93...and i was wondering if i needed the following parts from the d16....ecu?...axles?..etc....

or would all my stock parts from the del sol would work for it....so it would be a easy plug n play swap...or woudl i need modifications

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 22 2005, 09:35 AM-->
@Sep 21 2005, 12:05 PM
get the whole motor with wiring harness plug it in to your shock tower harness plug your ecu into your car wire harness  fill with gas start and drive
[post=557692]Quoted post[/post]​

that won't work.. lol

swap it in.
use your current driverside and rear mount
if both old and new motors are vtec, or both are non-vtec, you're golden. if you're converting, you'll need to do some other stuff, but you don't specifiy what you are doing.

swap the dizzy, injectors, alternator from old motor to new motor.
alternative is to cut the plug from the new motor and paste onto old harness.

again, this only works if you're keeping the same vtec/non-vtec motor.
[post=558332]Quoted post[/post]​

not to jack but thats what i did with a b series. its still obd 2 but with an obd1 car and ecu but d could be different. but i assumed the same as you thats its already an si so hes got everything

obd2 civic harnesses are vastly different than obd2 integra harnesses.

Originally posted by Gusano@Sep 23 2005, 11:46 AM
ok im planning on putting in a d16y7 civic motor into a honda civic del sol 93...and i was wondering if i needed the following parts from the d16....ecu?...axles?..etc....

or would all my stock parts from the del sol would work for it....so it would be a easy plug n play swap...or woudl i need modifications
[post=559213]Quoted post[/post]​

you need a p06 ecu (obd1 d15b7 ecu)
all the rest of the crap is pretty much interchangable expect the dsitributor... you'll need to run the y7 dizzy and re-wire the plug... or score a d15b7 dizzy

Back